IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Coming to Indy,Hut 100...!!!
8/13/09, 10:58 AM   #11
Re: Coming to Indy,Hut 100...!!!
Stagger

not worth it.
Last edited by Stagger; 8/13/09 at 11:41 AM. Reason: decided it is not worth commenting.......

8/13/09, 11:08 AM   #12
BrentTFunk

Did anyone on here consider that maybe the promoter is who dropped the Hut 100? I love the race but a promoter could really take a bath on this one. I also find it amusing how many people on here complaining didn't even go last year. Think that could be part of the problem? Seriously?

1 member likes this post: racinstacie
8/13/09, 11:14 AM   #13
Seadog

This thread is one reason why I am seriously considering a self-imposed vacation from IOW for awhile (not that anybody here cares one way or the other). After all, I am just a fan and that carries absolutely no weight around here. Fans don't count here. We know nothing. We are stupid and uninformed.

8/13/09, 11:16 AM   #14
john3g

Scora would love to be apart of a doulble header with POWRI guys.They put on one HELLUVA show..
Just throw'n that out there...

O'Reilly and Beck are the best!!!
Last edited by john3g; 8/13/09 at 11:17 AM.

8/13/09, 1:51 PM   #15
Kevracer58

Quote:
The Hut Hundred is a midget 100 lap race. Anything else with that name is sacrilegious.
Thanks for saying what I was thinking

8/13/09, 2:59 PM   #16
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
This thread is one reason why I am seriously considering a self-imposed vacation from IOW for awhile (not that anybody here cares one way or the other). After all, I am just a fan and that carries absolutely no weight around here. Fans don't count here. We know nothing. We are stupid and uninformed.
I'm considering a lengthy vacation too. You're not alone.

The fans that are dangerous are the ones who know not that they know not.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynenz9 View Post
Right now I am one frustrated and annoyed Midget racing fan.
I have always thought the Hut 100 as one of the Midget spectacles of the year and a must to see.
I arrive in Indy from New Zealand on the 27th August.
And the main reason was.....to see the Hut 100.
Right now i'm not interested in all the reasons why its not being run.
But somebody,or group,from USAC,Promotors,to Car owners,Drivers etc should get there heads together over this one.
The history and tradition of this race,as well as being unique,should be treated better than this.
This race could be the international jewel in USACS crown each year for the Midgets.
Somebody said they would come from NZ to see the Hut 100 run at Kokomo...I wouldn't.
I'm glad there is something happening that night,I will be there.
I'm not a midget fan and I haven't paid to get into a race at Kokomo in over four years, but I'd pay $50 to watch a Hut 100 at Kokomo.

It's been run at LPS in the past, so the idea of having it elsewhere isn't totally out of left field.

8/13/09, 4:46 PM   #17
FishBurger

Saw a GREAT Hut Hundred at Lawrenceburg Speedway in about '89. Won by a guy named Rich Vogler who prevailed in a 100 lap trophy dash with Johnny Parsons, Jr. (I think). Kid by the name of Jeff Gordon had FT. It was colder than a witchdigger's brass monkeys that night.

That said the Hut Hundred needs to be at Terre HUT IMHO. Otherwise it's the 'Burg 100 or the Koko 100, or whatever.

I don't recall why they ran it at Lawrenceburg that year. Anyone here remember?

8/13/09, 4:55 PM   #18
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Saw a GREAT Hut Hundred at Lawrenceburg Speedway in about '89. Won by a guy named Rich Vogler who prevailed in a 100 lap trophy dash with Johnny Parsons, Jr. (I think). Kid by the name of Jeff Gordon had FT. It was colder than a witchdigger's brass monkeys that night.

That said the Hut Hundred needs to be at Terre HUT IMHO. Otherwise it's the 'Burg 100 or the Koko 100, or whatever.

I don't recall why they ran it at Lawrenceburg that year. Anyone here remember?
I think Terre Haute was on hiatus around that time.

8/13/09, 11:53 PM   #19
P&G Photo

Someone please explain to me why a midget needs a $30k to $40k engine?

8/14/09, 12:35 AM   #20
racephoto1

The reason it takes 40k , is because that what it takes to win a $2000 to win midget feature, at least in these parts. What I wouldn't give to see 140 VW's and Chevy 2's again. They put on a damn fine show. Just an old man remembering when the old days truly were good.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Coming to Indy,Hut 100...!!!