IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars in Ky
7/27/09, 9:39 PM   #11
Re: Indycars in Ky
Wingman

Best race at this track...Indy race very good..Castroneves ran out of gas with two turns to go....Indy lights race was outstanding....people have complained that the Indy cars are not as competitive this year. IRL has changed some rules to make it more competitive starting with this weekends race. I would recomend it!

7/27/09, 10:43 PM   #12
Tq14

With nascar being such a bad show lately I hope many people head out to catch this race. Kentucky is a great show and very cheap. You want great tickets very affordable go to stubhub.com and head to sparta saturday!

7/27/09, 11:08 PM   #13
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
HARF, DARF, & BARC night at The 'Burg, which with membership gets you in for half price ($7.50 I believe). There you will see a show with race cars that look like race cars should look and with drivers you've heard of and care about. But, maybe that's just me. I know where I'll be.
Marv,

THE BURG! What better price could you want? Also, racing will be competitive AND I can bring a cooler into the facility.

I had tickets for the Kentucky Speedway's first race and that turned into a fiasco.:34; I was sitting on Interstate 71 with around 20,000 other people for around four hours trying to get into the facility. I could see my seat with my binoculars and then the police came and said that the exit was closed and we were turned away.

All you good ole boys head on down to Kentucky Speedway and sit with ole DW and holler boggity, boggity, boggity all night long. Lawrenceburg here we come.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/28/09, 7:56 AM   #14
Jim Halpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Marv,

THE BURG! What better price could you want? Also, racing will be competitive AND I can bring a cooler into the facility.

I had tickets for the Kentucky Speedway's first race and that turned into a fiasco.:34; I was sitting on Interstate 71 with around 20,000 other people for around four hours trying to get into the facility. I could see my seat with my binoculars and then the police came and said that the exit was closed and we were turned away.

All you good ole boys head on down to Kentucky Speedway and sit with ole DW and holler boggity, boggity, boggity all night long. Lawrenceburg here we come.
I'm not sure letting traffic concerns determine your races is a fair thing to do, but we absolutely breezed in and out of Kentucky two years ago, and there weren't any complaints last year either...and the crowd were both pretty big. I certainly don't blame you for going to Lawrenceburg...and if you see DW at an IndyCar race I would probably have a heart attack right then and there! Sparta here we come

7/28/09, 7:59 AM   #15
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
There you will see a show with race cars that look like race cars should look and with drivers you've heard of and care about. But, maybe that's just me. I know where I'll be.
At least they're finally back to racing on an oval. I've grown weary lately of the "CARTification" of the Indy Racing Series with all the road course races.

7/28/09, 8:36 AM   #16
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I'm going. Was planning to go....then found tickets on Ebay for $10 a piece so that sealed it. I haven't been able to make it down there yet so looking forward to seeing a new track.

Anybody see the article in Speedsport recently (think by Dave Argabright)? Talked about Robbie Wolfgang looking to get into Indy Cars down the line. A company is helping him look for money to get things started. Talent should be enough to get you a ride, but those days are long gone and not coming back. It's nice to see a company helping a short tracker hopefully make it some day. Bringing money to get started is part of the game now so it's nice to see a driver working on that end of it. Shouldn't have to do that, but it is what it is. Nascar is starting to go that way too....

7/28/09, 8:47 AM   #17
bluegrassprintfan

weather looks great for this weekend, 77 in the afternoon and the low 60's at night. always a good race and a great time down there. those of you who haven't been down there this year the parking entire area has had crushed gravel down so if it rains there is absolutely no chance of getting stuck. track is very bumpy this year so that will add some element to it.

7/28/09, 9:06 AM   #18
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassprintfan View Post
weather looks great for this weekend, 77 in the afternoon and the low 60's at night. always a good race and a great time down there. those of you who haven't been down there this year the parking entire area has had crushed gravel down so if it rains there is absolutely no chance of getting stuck. track is very bumpy this year so that will add some element to it.
I read that they did diamond grind the track after the NASCAR truck/ARCA race, so that might help some of the bumpiness.

7/28/09, 9:20 AM   #19
Wingman

Quote:
Marv,

What?

If I based everything on a first experience I would have stopped going to lawrenceburg long time ago. I remember when you had to use the restroom in a drain at lawrenceburg. I have not stopped going. Always has to be somebody negative in the crowd I guess. I have yet to hear Boogity crap at a Indy car race.

7/28/09, 12:09 PM   #20
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Marv,

Uh, I guess you did not read the title of this thread

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars in Ky