IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?
7/13/09, 11:20 AM   #21
Re: Bp?
PJ Wright

Billy is the type of racer I admire the most. I like a guy whose "brains are in communication with his balls"(from the late Richie Evans). A racer like that owes NO ONE an explanation, much less an apology.
Conversely, you have some people whose thought process occurs in their colon rather than their cranium. One particular IOW poster comes to mind.:2:

1 member likes this post: billwill7
7/13/09, 11:53 AM   #22
billwill7

HEY DUKIE,
Please tell us how many races you won !!
How many times did you run the Speedway like Bill Sr.
If if remember correctly you were at better running your mouth than you were running on the race track.
Please tell how many races you won !!

1 member likes this post: awnunn
7/13/09, 11:54 AM   #23
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Billy is the type of racer I admire the most. I like a guy whose "brains are in communication with his balls"(from the late Richie Evans). A racer like that owes NO ONE an explanation, much less an apology.
Conversely, you have some people whose thought process occurs in their colon rather than their cranium. One particular IOW poster comes to mind.:2:
Bingo! Took the words right out of my mouth.

Some posters on here worry too much about what other people do or say, when , if they step back and take a look, they really, really just need to worry about their own deal.

7/13/09, 12:06 PM   #24
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill7 View Post
HEY DUKIE,
How many times did you run the Speedway like Bill Sr.
If if remember correctly you were at better running your mouth than you were running on the race track.
Please tell how many races you won !!
This outta be good!!!!!!!

7/13/09, 12:43 PM   #25
zeroracer

BP's name will still be in the books as track champion maybe at three places at one time, long after the haters are gone! keep up the good work buddy, gotta make the decisions that best fit in your budget.

7/13/09, 1:08 PM   #26
3Cfan

I dont think anyone is knocking Billy for what he's trying to accomplish. As a sprint fan, I want to see the best against the best! It would be exciting to watch him defend his turf against the best drivers from across the country. Billy P is one of the best Indiana has to offer on a weekly basis. If weekly shows were at Gas City and Kokomo, he would be there.....why not against the best? Of course this is his decision to make, not the fans, and you have to respect it. But I for one would enjoy seeing him in the competition deluxe.

1 member likes this post:
7/13/09, 1:28 PM   #27
psullivan

Two questions

1) How much does it cost to run 1 round of Indiana Sprint Week?
2) (a question I thought of when I worked Chicagoland this weekend) Would Ryan Newman have ran Indiana Midget Week? (this requires more than a knee-jerk response and requires that you were around USAC racing at that time).

7/13/09, 1:58 PM   #28
randyrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
Two questions

1) How much does it cost to run 1 round of Indiana Sprint Week?
2) (a question I thought of when I worked Chicagoland this weekend) Would Ryan Newman have ran Indiana Midget Week? (this requires more than a knee-jerk response and requires that you were around USAC racing at that time).
Third Question - for SW races, do the tracks award points toward their track championship ?

Fourth Question - any potential breaks from USAC for teams who can only afford to defend their home turf ?

7/13/09, 2:12 PM   #29
Geoff Kaiser

While I may not agree with everything Duke has to say on here, I don't see why everyone is attacking him on this subject. From what I read all he wanted to know is why Billy wasnt running sprint week. Billy replyed and now we have this huge arguement. Am I missing something here??

7/13/09, 2:30 PM   #30
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kaiser View Post
While I may not agree with everything Duke has to say on here, I don't see why everyone is attacking him on this subject. From what I read all he wanted to know is why Billy wasnt running sprint week. Billy replyed and now we have this huge arguement. Am I missing something here??
With some on here you have to read between the lines and the "Duke" is one of them. Unfortunately there always seems to be the perverbial "shot" given without comming right out and saying it. Most of us on here knew exactly what was meant. But hey, thats what makes public forums so great!!!

1 member likes this post: Seadog
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?