IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Updates!!!!
7/4/09, 3:04 AM   #31
Re: Bloomington Updates!!!!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I seen the red flash, however I didn't think the flagman did a bad job all night other than that one flicker. Sometimes people are just searching for something.

Good Job Danny.

Chuck, kinda finding it ironic though that 60,000 dollar cars are racing in front of 15000 people for 1400 bucks Biggest crowd I've seen cept a Kings Royal or Dream

7/4/09, 9:52 AM   #32
loveracing5

Sprinter56: I don't think anyone on this post was claiming that Hostclaw won due to the red light, I read them all.
I think ALL sprint car drivers are NOT ONY HUNGRY BUT COMPETITIVE AS WELL. Your negative comments about a great race that was won fair and square are not appreciated by all. It is people like you that take the joy out of the sport.

What is this stuff about the same equipment all year long, these guys do this for a hobby it is not their living, therefore, who in the He%% has the money that runs on these kind of tracks to change equipment during the season. The guys that have that kind of money run professionally. If I remember correctly, Danny Hostclaw's car is pretty darn fresh from his flilp last year.

So, sprinter56, instead of worrying about the crowd pleasers, you need to worry about yourself and go take some ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES.

2 members like this post: 38DD, Hamby812
7/4/09, 10:20 AM   #33
fasterthanu

For the record I wasn't trying to take ANYTHING away from Danny on his win. Don't know if the red flashing on had any impact on the result or not, just saying that it indeed may have happened.

Also BIG props to Eric Smith for a helluva run and a damn good finish for a guy who has admitingly struggled at this track. Great to see.

7/4/09, 10:45 AM   #34
Hurryinhoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing5 View Post
What is this stuff about the same equipment all year long, these guys do this for a hobby it is not their living, therefore, who in the He%% has the money that runs on these kind of tracks to change equipment during the season. The guys that have that kind of money run professionally. If I remember correctly, Danny Hostclaw's car is pretty darn fresh from his flilp last year.
They all do it for a hobby.....some peoples hobby will include one night a week but when you race 2-4 nights a week then is it still really a hobby, maybe semi-professionals on some level?

The money that is spent on these cars will boggle your mind. I sell race car parts for a living and I know for a fact that there were three drivers there last night that was riding newer pipe than what they started the season on. True, some guys have one frame, one engine, and piles of used tires but there is the next guy in the row who has a spare car loaded and ready with more bullets in the trailer in case something goes wrong early in the night.

I think that all involved drove one heck of a race. Other then the early reds, the last few laps were perfect Bloomington racing with Bland and Brady working the top and Eric and Danny pretty much everywhere they needed to be. Congrats to all of them for well deserved finishes and for putting on a show to so many that would not be there if it wasnt for the awesome fireworks show that Mike and the folks from Bloomington PowerSports put on.

7/4/09, 10:53 AM   #35
Sprintmart

Everyone at Sprint Mart would like to extend congratulations to Danny & Ken Holtsclaw for their first ever win at Bloomington Speedway. It couldn't have happened to a much bigger crowd. Since building this JEI chassis, Team Holtsclaw has hardly missed a top 5 finish. Great Job! Guys.

7/4/09, 12:52 PM   #36
Josh Kinser

Last edited by Josh Kinser; 4/11/14 at 8:17 PM.

7/4/09, 1:01 PM   #37
38DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing5 View Post
Sprinter56: I don't think anyone on this post was claiming that Hostclaw won due to the red light, I read them all.
I think ALL sprint car drivers are NOT ONY HUNGRY BUT COMPETITIVE AS WELL. Your negative comments about a great race that was won fair and square are not appreciated by all. It is people like you that take the joy out of the sport.

So, sprinter56, instead of worrying about the crowd pleasers, you need to worry about yourself and go take some ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES.
Good post..

7/4/09, 1:25 PM   #38
loveracing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Kinser View Post
I dont think its a hobby for most of these guys (regardless of the money they make). A way of life or a passion yes, but not a hobby. Checkers is a hobby.
More than checkers are hobbies, may be a passion, dream or hobby to others, but, it still isn't their profession was my point

7/4/09, 2:13 PM   #39
Josh Kinser

Last edited by Josh Kinser; 4/11/14 at 8:17 PM.

7/4/09, 2:33 PM   #40
loveracing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier View Post
they all do it for a hobby.....some peoples hobby will include one night a week but when you race 2-4 nights a week then is it still really a hobby, maybe semi-professionals on some level?

The money that is spent on these cars will boggle your mind. I sell race car parts for a living and i know for a fact that there were three drivers there last night that was riding newer pipe than what they started the season on. True, some guys have one frame, one engine, and piles of used tires but there is the next guy in the row who has a spare car loaded and ready with more bullets in the trailer in case something goes wrong early in the night.

I think that all involved drove one heck of a race. Other then the early reds, the last few laps were perfect bloomington racing with bland and brady working the top and eric and danny pretty much everywhere they needed to be. Congrats to all of them for well deserved finishes and for putting on a show to so many that would not be there if it wasnt for the awesome fireworks show that mike and the folks from bloomington powersports put on.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Updates!!!!