IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > gas city updates?
7/4/09, 12:26 AM   #21
Re: gas city updates?
Dusty Goggles

Good job Kyle Robbins and the 17R car. vrrrooommmm
Dusty

7/4/09, 12:33 AM   #22
ChaplainJackie

Great job Kyle, glad 2 see u in victory lane!
Posted via Mobile Device

7/4/09, 12:38 AM   #23
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_rc_racing View Post
the track was great. no rework befor the feature and stayed
tacky fast most of the night
So it sounds like both Gas City and Bloomington had great tracks to race on.

7/4/09, 12:48 AM   #24
Bill Elson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
17r-Robbins, 10e-Cottle, 10f-Fitzpatrick, 27-Kaplan, 54-Westfall, 53-Stanbrough. Another good night of racing and the feature was before 10:00 PM. Another Dyno Don night for sure.
It was actually the other 27 car, the 27a of Andrew Elson that finished in 4th tonight. They are hard to tell apart as they both are Maxims with white, red and black.

7/4/09, 3:57 AM   #25
JstAbvVMC

Great Job K-ROB!! Gotta bet Dad and Grandpa are happy and proud. You need to find you a new girl more often !!!!!!

7/4/09, 8:06 AM   #26
FishBurger

GREAT Job Kyle!!!!

7/4/09, 9:38 AM   #27
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Elson View Post
It was actually the other 27 car, the 27a of Andrew Elson that finished in 4th tonight. They are hard to tell apart as they both are Maxims with white, red and black.
Thanks for the correction Bill. The old eyes just aren't like they used to be. This is why I say scoring is a very difficult job. Too many cars with similar paint schemes and like numbers with only a letter difference. Glad someone caught my obvious error. A great run for Andrew. Congratulations to Kyle Robbins on a great win.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Hey Mud Packer, how was the racing surface?
Tim,

Racing surface was great. The late afternoon/early evening overcast skies helped keep the track moist and tacky. A real good night of racing with Kyle Robbins bringing home his first feature win. I felt sorry for birthday boy Josh Spencer as he had a great run going until the car started smoking and he pulled off. The kid is really up on the wheel this year and can't seem to buy a break. I hope we see you at sprint week.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/4/09, 1:32 PM   #28
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Thanks for the correction Bill. The old eyes just aren't like they used to be. This is why I say scoring is a very difficult job. Too many cars with similar paint schemes and like numbers with only a letter difference. Glad someone caught my obvious error. A great run for Andrew. Congratulations to Kyle Robbins on a great win.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Tim,

Racing surface was great. The late afternoon/early evening overcast skies helped keep the track moist and tacky. A real good night of racing with Kyle Robbins bringing home his first feature win. I felt sorry for birthday boy Josh Spencer as he had a great run going until the car started smoking and he pulled off. The kid is really up on the wheel this year and can't seem to buy a break. I hope we see you at sprint week.
Thank you Mike, we had a water line come loose from the water pump at the same time a fuel line broke off the nozzle, on the bright side if the car would have caught fire the water line may have put the fire out. We just got done firing the car and it looks like he got it shut down in time, tough call fighting for second with two to go but again he used his head to race another day. (we hope)

Great job to Kyle and the rest of the crew.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com

7/5/09, 11:31 AM   #29
Tim Watson

Quote:

Tim,

You will see me in the great state of Indiana for Sprintweek. I can only hit Gas City and Kokomo though.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > gas city updates?