IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoffman Auto Racing
6/30/09, 8:24 PM   #1
Hoffman Auto Racing
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Saw this on Hosehead's

"Hoffman Racing is announcing today that the 10 year marketing partnership we have had with Kroger and Procter&Gamble is coming to an end on 6/30/09. We want to thank Kroger and P&G for their support over the past 10 years. It has been one of the most successful and long lasting marketing partnerships in USAC over these years."

I guess a sign of the hard times we're all enduring.

6/30/09, 8:59 PM   #2
Re: Hoffman Auto Racing
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Damn, if in fact this is true,this sucks. Maybe Rob can enlighten us?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/30/09, 9:10 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wow, they've said many times that if not for the sponsors, They might not be racing. I hope they find a way to continue.

Chuck

7/1/09, 6:17 AM   #4
Theokayman

This will truly be weird for me. I've never been to a USAC sprint car race without the Kroger, P&G sponsored car competing. I knew the day was coming, but kept hoping it would continue a little longer. But they were winning races before the sponsors came about, and they'll continue winning races after the sponsors. Best of luck to Richard, Rob, Dan and the rest of the Hoffman team back at the farm. I look forward to seeing you next week.

Jake.

7/1/09, 6:53 AM   #5
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Here's the whole press release.

THEY SAY “ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END”

Loveland, OH (June 29, 2009) -- Hoffman Racing is announcing today that the 10 year marketing partnership we have had with Kroger and Procter&Gamble is coming to an end on 6/30/09.

We want to thank Kroger and P&G for their support over the past 10 years. It has been one of the most successful and long lasting marketing partnerships in USAC over these years.

HAR is aggressively seeking new marketing partners. Anyone interesting in partnering with the winningest Team in the history of USAC Sprint car racing, and the defending National Champs should contact either Richard Hoffman at 513-575-4500 or 513-520-8950, richard@resultsplusmilford.com

or Tim Waechter at 513-284-1519 , twaechter@zoomtown.com .

We can customize a marketing program for anyone.

7/1/09, 8:18 AM   #6
RacingGirl10

It will definitely be very strange to not see Kroger, Tide, Pringles, Bounty on the car. A moment we still laugh about was at Bloomington last sprint week. There was a young boy probably 5 sitting in front of my parents and I. As they were lining up for the feature I heard his dad ask him who he wanted to win. He said, "The grocery car daddy! That grocery guy is my friend!" Hey, the kid got his way!

7/1/09, 9:38 AM   #7
Seadog

I guess I won't have to go shop at Kroger and buy P & G products anymore...for real. I support sponsors that are IN racing.

7/1/09, 10:21 AM   #8
BR20d

You need to tell the sponsors that!!!

7/1/09, 11:45 AM   #9
randyrad

gonna miss my favorite paint scheme.

7/1/09, 2:19 PM   #10
Lawrenceburger

Wow, that is sad. I like the paint scheme on the car, but bringing back the old paint scheme wouldn't be all that bad either. Funny how something that was normal for several years, goes away for ten years, and now maybe comes back as a retro look.

Good luck HAR, I hope something works out for you guys!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoffman Auto Racing