IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mario Marietta Wins at The Speedrome
5/4/09, 10:22 AM   #11
Re: Mario Marietta Wins at The Speedrome
ryderrocket19

Congrats Mario. Nice to get to know you yesterday too. Got some work to do on our Trusty Rusty for the next show. Sure we'll see you there! Nice job.

Dave and Bonna Ryder

5/4/09, 10:39 AM   #12
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryderrocket19 View Post
congrats mario. Nice to get to know you yesterday too. Got some work to do on our trusty rusty for the next show. Sure we'll see you there! Nice job.

Dave and bonna ryder
put your shoe on the tread mill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by SUPERDUKE; 5/4/09 at 10:40 AM.

5/4/09, 11:32 AM   #13
RcrSkyChk

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: n/a

I thought it was a heck of a show. I really thought Kyle was going to get second. No body had anything for Mario! So you can't just go off that mario led all 50 laps on judging the race! IT was a goody

5/4/09, 12:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
The answer would be one. Bobby East passed Bobby Santos III on lap 12 and led the rest of the way.
Yup there was one, but this race had something Anderson did not have, drivers passing throughout the field. I was pleased with this show. can't wait for the next one.

I would have liked to see if Kyle could of stayed with Mario. Not sure he could of, but he was faster than weise. This kid deffinatly has some tallent.

5/4/09, 3:53 PM   #15
throb

i heard he celebrated by punching himself in the head.........

5/4/09, 4:03 PM   #16
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
The answer would be one. Bobby East passed Bobby Santos III on lap 12 and led the rest of the way.
Wasnt there but heard he lapped up to 2nd place, so if there were 17 starters and he passed Santos to get the lead the answer would be at least 16. Santos plus everyone but Hines. That doesnt include anyone who got more than 1 lap down.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/4/09, 4:16 PM   #17
ThrottleHead

Its a day late Mario but congrats on the win!!!

5/4/09, 4:19 PM   #18
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Wasnt there but heard he lapped up to 2nd place, so if there were 17 starters and he passed Santos to get the lead the answer would be at least 16. Santos plus everyone but Hines. That doesnt include anyone who got more than 1 lap down.
John,

The question Tony asked was, "how many passes for the lead were there at Anderson last night?" The answer is one. After East passed Santos he was the leader throughout the rest of the race. He passed a lot of other cars, however that was putting them a lap or more down.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/4/09, 9:47 PM   #19
bigmojo5

John,
Based on your logic, then how many cars did Mario pass?

My only regret is not being there. But, I did see a great late model and modified race in Independence, Iowa, Saturday.

Oops. Did I say great late model and modified racing? Yes I did. They know how to do it out here. In fact, I'd like to see the top modified guys out here against many of the sprint drivers in Indiana. It'd be a heck of a race.

BTW, this would be a great midget or sprint track.

Visited Hawkeye Downs Friday night. No sprints on the sked this year, but they'd lease the place to rhe right suitor. They feel sprints have too big of a price tag to make money with the show.
Jim Morrison
Last edited by bigmojo5; 5/4/09 at 9:55 PM.

5/4/09, 10:32 PM   #20
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
How many passes for the lead were there at Anderson last night?...I missed it getting ready for today.
well. there were 3 passes in one lap.East came out on top.. I like how you support the racing community,but bashing another race to make your race look better isnt right.... Not being dis-respect in anyway.Just saying my opion..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mario Marietta Wins at The Speedrome