IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MAVTV & Dish Network
5/19/15, 12:16 AM   #1
MAVTV & Dish Network
wrtracing

Dish Network has dropped MAVTV because of money. MAVTV is part of the Outdoor Sports subscription which costs $4.00 per month. I have dropped Outdoor Sports which is easy to do online. If you are really mad about them dropping MAVTV you could drop Dish Network altogether and switch to another provider. It is your decision but as racing fans I think we need to let them know how we feel and hit them in the wallet!
I love MAVTV and what they have to offer to the race fan. Forrest Lucas who owns Lucas Oil & MAVTV has been a huge supporter of all kinds of racing and I think we should back him up on this one.

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley

5/19/15, 7:56 PM   #2
Nate

Comcast or Xfinity or whatever it is doesn't carry MAVTV either, what a joke for the money I pay them per month.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
5/19/15, 8:19 PM   #3
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

Already called dish to voice my displeasure with them and cancelled my outdoor channel package also, the lady was clueless and tried to offer a different sports package!

5/19/15, 9:49 PM   #4
popham

I called Dish and MAV TV both, got a $5/ month discount for 6 months, and Dish lady says there negotiating. I have seen this before with Dish, I think it was with CNN, and maybe The Weather Channel. But it seems like this time may be different by what the message says on the channel guide.

5/20/15, 5:51 AM   #5
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by popham View Post
I called Dish and MAV TV both, got a $5/ month discount for 6 months, and Dish lady says there negotiating. I have seen this before with Dish, I think it was with CNN, and maybe The Weather Channel. But it seems like this time may be different by what the message says on the channel guide.
What does the channel guide say?

5/20/15, 8:03 AM   #6
popham

Dish Channel Guide says, MAVTV and DISH have been unable to reach an agreement for the continued carriage of this channel. DISH is committed to providing quality content to our customers at a fair value. As a result, this channel is no longer available on our channel lineup.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MAVTV & Dish Network