IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin State Fairgrounds
2/13/15, 5:32 PM   #1
DuQuoin State Fairgrounds
cowboyhar69

http://thesouthern.com/news/opinion/...GlAzs.facebook

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

2 members like this post: JoriHughes, miledirt
2/13/15, 6:24 PM   #2
Re: DuQuoin State Fairgrounds
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

If they built a flat quarter around the stage area. I see no reason USAC wouldn't hold two SC races if Midgets were included the night before The SC, On the quarter that is.

I don't know what else is around the area. But having Mustang meets, Farm Equiptment and Tractor shows along with a Truck and Tractor Pull.

You could rock that place a dozen times a year and not just two or three weekends.

P.S. I don't speak for USAC in any way LOL
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/13/15 at 6:26 PM.

2/13/15, 6:29 PM   #3
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

I love the idea of two champ car races in one season!

4 members like this post: CCI, Charles Nungester, dirtball, ISF
2/14/15, 11:20 AM   #4
treecitytornado

I'd love to see a 2 Day show with Champ Cars and the WoO! Would be great to see "The King" run a mile again!

2/14/15, 2:05 PM   #5
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

They have run stand alone dates before. I remember 1980 in particular had a stand alone Silver Crown race, and I attended a midget race there that was not during the fair. Don't believe it was USAC sanctioned. I don't recall the size of the crowd, but I don't believe it was up to the size of the fair dates.

2/14/15, 2:33 PM   #6
ISF

We've been to a couple dirt late model races at Du Quoin back several year ago and the turnout was not all that good, but dirt lates aren't all that adaptable to a 1 mile dirt track and the hard core DLM fans generally aren't interested in the longer tracks. For that reason I'm not sure that is a good barometer but it's the only racing that has been contested on the Magic Mile other than during the State Fair for quite some time.

Too bad they put the causeway across the infield lake. They could maybe race boats on it as a non-State Fair attraction. I think it was done many, many years ago. That'd be quite a show that I'd pay to see!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin State Fairgrounds