IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need a little help
8/17/14, 8:09 PM   #1
Need a little help

I need a bit of help from an IOW member.

I race a bit with the USCS. This is a 360 group that races in the Southeast. I believe they are the only sprint car series left that still runs on dirt AND pavement. We only run the pavement races as we don’t really have a winged dirt car. But we are currently fifth in their pavement points. And because of that point position, I am locked into the feature at what is arguably their biggest race of the year.

On the Friday of Labor Day weekend (August 29th), they race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. This is NASCAR weekend and they race on a ¼ mile track that uses the front stretch of the big track as the front stretch of the ¼ mile. I did this last year and am hoping to improve on my 9th place finish.

I just have a small problem. I need to go to Dallas for work on the 26th. I will be returning on Thursday, August 28th, flying into Indianapolis.

Here’s where someone on this board can help. I live two hours north of Indianapolis. To save getting off the plane, driving two hours north, hooking up the trailer and then turn around and drive the exact same route south again, I was hoping someone in the Indianapolis area would let me leave my car and trailer in their driveway while I’m in Dallas. That way, I could get off the plane, hook up to the trailer and head south. It would give me at least a four hour head start.

The trailer’s just an open trailer, about 20 feet long. And like I said, it can set outside; it does not have to be indoors. Unfortunately, it will have a wing on it, so I understand some of you may think it’s Satan himself sitting in your driveway. But I also understand if you want to sit in it and make varoom, varoom noises. I won’t hold it against you. If anyone out there can help, pm me through this site, e-mail me at tpater11@hotmail.com or simply, use the old fashioned telephone at (574)532-7747.

Thank you.

Tom Paterson

3 members like this post: Can26, cmakin, interpreter66
8/17/14, 9:08 PM   #2
Need a Little Racers Help in Indy!!....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Sounds like a simple enough plan!!...."IOW" is a most user friendly site for helpin out racers n fans alike in n round Indy!!...just waitn now replys,I guess!!....good luck, w/ur plan and event, ur locked into in such a huge Venue!!.....

8/18/14, 12:07 AM   #3
ShamrockRacin'48G

Sent you an e-mail, lemme know if I can help...

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
8/18/14, 11:14 AM   #4
Re: Need a little help

Thank you everyone for your replies. I was able to make arrangements through this site.

I must say, there have been times where I have been critical of this site, especially the amount of negitivity. A standing joke between me and some of my friends is that we will see what we feel is an awesome race and some one will say "But someone on Indiana Open Wheel will be complaining about it."

But I put a call out for some help, and I had five responses within 30 minutes. It's great to see that we all help each other.

Tom Paterson

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need a little help