IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-City Speedway Bar & Banquet Center
6/26/14, 9:56 PM   #1
Tri-City Speedway Bar & Banquet Center
red70racer

The Gundakers are the BEST
Copied from STLracing.com

Tri-City Speedway to open bar/restaurant/banquet center & construction of Quarter Midget Track!
By Jimmy Dearing on June 26, 2014
TCS Logo - flagsTri City Speedway has purchased the Building out front of our facility (Old AMF Bowling Alley). Plans to re-open as a Banquet Center/Bar/Restaurant style renamed KG’s. Tentative date to open for Food/Bar is Mid to the end of August. The Banquet facility to rent will be in 2015. We are excited for the opportunity to give the Race Fans & Teams a place to go for entertainment while coming to the races and after.

The Quarter Midget track is in full swing and close to completion by the end of July. This is going to be a unbelievable facility for the Kids a very special Thanks to the MLSQMRA Quarter Midget Association and their whole staff. Please stop by and check out the new Quarter Midget Track and the work they’ve done!

Print Friendly
Share:

3 members like this post: billwill7, BrentTFunk, wrtracing
6/26/14, 11:22 PM   #2
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Too bad this is half the information. Where the heck is all this? Try and remember the old school rule, the "4 W's"...WHO, WHAT, WHEN and WHERE ?

6/27/14, 12:14 AM   #3
Re: Tri-City Speedway Bar & Banquet Center
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARFprez View Post
Too bad this is half the information. Where the heck is all this? Try and remember the old school rule, the "4 W's"...WHO, WHAT, WHEN and WHERE ?
That would be Tri City Speedway in Pontoon Beach, IL. Owners are Kevin & Tammy Gundaker. Kevin is a former late model driver in the St. Louis area. They have done a great job of renovating the former 1/2 mile facility into a 3/8 track for weekly racing. Apparently they are adding a quarter midget track along with purchasing the old bowling alley and renovating it into a banquet center/bar/restaurant. Hope that helps Bob. That's all I got.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/27/14, 12:18 AM   #4
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Bob, I think you missed the information.

Who: Tri-city Speedway
What: Bar Restuarant & Banquet center
When: Bar opens mid August
Where: In a building across from Tri-city Speedway.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Kellen Conover, Mud Packer
6/27/14, 4:29 AM   #5
racenut69

Should be ready by the Gold Crown Nationals!!!!

2 members like this post: billwill7, BrentTFunk
6/27/14, 12:52 PM   #6
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Bill, got all that, but on the best racing site on the web, "INDIANA" Open Wheel, i had no idea where in "INDIANA" it was. Was just trying to make an old school point about how to post. And before i take the heat, i know this site is for ALL states.
p.s. Thanks MudPacker for the info.
Last edited by HARFprez; 6/27/14 at 12:55 PM.

6/27/14, 11:52 PM   #7
MIKE HEIMEL

Hey Prez I see an

6/27/14, 11:54 PM   #8
MIKE HEIMEL

Oops pushed the Quick Button ! I see an Illinois trip coming up for The Presidential Pickalimo !

6/28/14, 12:22 AM   #9
wrtracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARFprez View Post
Bill, got all that, but on the best racing site on the web, "INDIANA" Open Wheel, i had no idea where in "INDIANA" it was. Was just trying to make an old school point about how to post. And before i take the heat, i know this site is for ALL states.
p.s. Thanks MudPacker for the info.
First of all no heat intended.

Jimmy Dearing of STLracing.com wrote it on June 26, 2014. (STL stands for St Louis, MO)
red70racer posted it on June 26, 2014
Bill Gardner explained it
Mud Packer really explained it
Maybe an assumption was made that most people would know where Tri-City Speedway is but I think that is understandable. As Bill explained the rest of the info was in the original article.
Remember Google is readily available to the inquisitive
Come to the Gold Crown to see all the great things the Gundakers are doing for the racers and race fans. More importantly what they are doing for young racers and young race fans. Nothing could be more important to our sport than what they are doing.
Check out their website for lots of info on their great facility: http://www.tricityspeedway.net/
I rarely miss an open wheel event there but I am lucky I live less than a half hour away!

2 members like this post: billwill7, racenut69
6/28/14, 9:08 AM   #10
BrentTFunk

The Gundakers are great people, and what they have done with that track is impressive. Promoters doing what they are doing is the future of the sport. Can't wait to get back there

3 members like this post: Mud Packer, PAW, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-City Speedway Bar & Banquet Center