IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "The Wild Child" Sweeps MOWA Event at Vermilion County Spdwy
4/21/13, 11:51 PM   #1
"The Wild Child" Sweeps MOWA Event at Vermilion County Spdwy
MOWA

(Bill W) April 21, 2013 – "The Wild Child" Jac Haudenschild swept his heat the Dash and the Feature event, all from the pole, at the Vermilion County Speedway on Sunday night. His first career MOWA victory aboard the Leidig #59 was part of the Midwest Open Wheel Shootout.

The 25-lap main event was slow to get rhythm, as Haudenschild took the early lead ahead of Shane Stewart. With two laps in the books, Miranda Throckmorton came to a stop, bringing out the caution flag. Two laps later, Paul Nienhiser spun. An incident involving Jason Leffler and Chris Urish slowed things with six laps in the books.

With 19 laps to go, Haudenschild led the field back to green, ahead of Stewart, AJ Bruns, Sheldon Haudenschild and Lucas Wolfe. The younger Haudenschild overtook Bruns for third on lap 12, and reeled in Stewart in traffic in an attempt to catch his father, who led.

Jac did well in traffic and put a lapped car between himself and the trailing pair by lap 19, when fourth running Lucas Wolfe spun to a stop on lap 19. The final restart saw Jac leading Stewart, Sheldon, Bruns and Kody Kinser back to green.

Sheldon saved a spin out on the restart, but got off the track, losing several spots. Jac led the final six circuits to the win with Stewart and Bruns in tow. Hard-charger, Randy Hannagan and Kinser rounded out the top five.

Sixth through tenth were Nienhiser, back from the tail after his spin, Danny Smith, Sheldon Haudenschild, Wolfe and Jimmy Hurley. Jerrod Hull, Wolfe, Stewart and Haudenschild won heats, while Leffler and Jimmy Light won the B mains.

The next MOWA event will be Saturday, May 4 at the Spoon River Speedway south of Canton, Illinois.

A Main (started), 25 laps: 1. 59, Jac Haudenschild, Wooster, OH (1) 2. 71, Shane Stewart, Bixby, OK (2) 3. 44, AJ Bruns, Athens, IL (4) 4. 66, Randy Hannagan, Pittsboro, IN (15) 5. 4m, Kody Kinser, Bloomington, IN (8) 6. 9, Paul Nienhiser, Chapin, IL (9) 7. 4, Danny Smith, Chillicothe, OH (10) 8. 93, Sheldon Haudenschild, Wooster, OH (3) 9. 82, Lucas Wolfe, Mechanicsburg, PA (7) 10. 35, Jimmy Hurley, Springfield, IL (13) 11. 22, Bret Tripplett, Lincoln, IL (5) 12. 12H, Jerrod Hull, Sikeston, MO (6) 13. 12, Levi Jones, Olney, IL (12) 14. 9P, Parker Price-Miller, Kokomo, IN (11) 15. 83, Wes McIntyre, McCordsville, IN (19) 16. 77u, Chris Urish, Elkhart, IL (18) 17. 23, Jimmy Light, West Springfield, PA (16) 18. 13, Jason Leffler, Long Beach, CA (17) 19. 22T, Miranda Throckmorton, Avon, IN (14) 20. W20, Greg Wilson, Benton Ridge, OH (20). Lap Leader: J. Haudenschild 1-25. Hard Charger: Hannagan.

Heat one (started, *qualified for feature, 10 laps): 1. Jerrod Hull (1*) 2. Paul Nienhiser (3*) 3. Randy Hannagan (2*) 4. Levi Jones (6*) 5. Wes McIntyre (7) 6. 99, Jimmy Davies, Oquawka, IL (4) 7. 51, Mike Hess, Riverton, IL (8) 8. 31, John Dines, Danville, IL (5) 9. 88, Terry Babb, Decatur, IL (9)

Heat two (started, *qualified for feature, 10 laps): 1. Lucas Wolfe (2*) 2. Greg Wilson (3*) 3. Miranda Throckmorton (1*) 4. Sheldon Haudenschild (8*) 5. Jimmy Light (4) 6. Chris Urish (7) 7. 42, Cory Bruns, Lincoln, IL (6) 8. 8A, Nick Alden, Salem, WI (5)

Heat three (started, *qualified for feature, 10 laps): 1. Shane Stewart (7*) 2. Danny Smith (1*) 3. Parker Price-Miller (5*) 4. Kody Kinser (8*) 5. Jason Leffler (4) 6. 84, Ben Wagoner, Emden, IL (3) 7. TI64, Alex Pettas, Phoenix, AZ (6) 8. 47, Brett Samonds, Springfield, IL (2)

Heat four (started, *qualified for feature, 10 laps): 1. Jac Haudenschild (2*) 2. Jimmy Hurley (1*) 3. AJ Bruns (6*) 4. Bret Tripplett (8*) 5. 10s, Jeremy Standridge, Springfield, IL (3) 6. 8, David Smith, Chillicothe, OH (5) 7. 25, Levi Curry, Lincoln, IL (4) 8. 22, Robbie Standridge, Springfield, IL (7)

Dash (started, 8 laps): 1. Jac Haudenschild (1) 2. Shane Stewart (4) 3. Sheldon Haudenschild (8) 4. AJ Bruns (3) 5. Bret Tripplett 6. Jerrod Hull (7) 7. Lucas Wolfe (6) 8. Kody Kinser (1)

B main one (started, 12 laps): 1. Jason Leffler (2) 2. Wes McIntyre (1) / 3. Mike Hess (4) 4. Jeremy Standridge (3) 5. Nick Alden (8) 6. Ben Wagoner (5) 7. Robbie Standridge (7) 8. Brett Samonds (9) 9. Alex Pettas (6)

B main two (started, 12 laps): 1. Jimmy Light (1) 2. Chris Urish (2) / 3. Cory Bruns (5) 4. Jimmy Davies (4) 5. David Smith (3) 6. John Dines (7) 7. Terry Babb (6) DNS – Levi Curry
Last edited by MOWA; 4/22/13 at 8:03 AM.

4 members like this post: BigD, EBookerFan, nathans1012, racing2bwithu2
4/22/13, 1:06 AM   #2
Re: "The Wild Child" Sweeps MOWA Event at Vermilion County S
MOWA

The MOWA Series would like to thank the team at VCS for scheduling a great night of racing that appealed to a wide audience. We would also like to thank those drivers/teams that aren't MOWA regulars for joining us this Sunday night - particularly the cars from Indiana. We realize that we aren't the best paying series in America by any stretch, but for the racer we hope that we are professional, and most of all, fun.

Of course our great friend Ross Wece at XSAN and Patrick Davis for turning from a spectator to announcer for the video feed after technical difficulties were keeping the track announcers from being heard the broadcast.

For all of you who came out to VCS tonight, we hope you had a great time and received more than $15 worth of entertainment.

And we really want to thank those who frequent this board who prefer their sprints without wings for their support in this sprint car double-header as well. You got to see roughly 75 sprint cars on a race track in a single night - and that doesn't happen too often. But the wing/non-wing show will happen again at Tri State Speedway in Haubstadt on June 15th as MSCS and MOWA race on the same night. Mark your calendars!

Again, thanks to everyone that helped make tonight's show a success.
Last edited by MOWA; 4/22/13 at 1:11 AM.

4/22/13, 5:17 AM   #3
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Now that is how a organization should treat there fans on a message board. Hats off to you. I have a feeling before long you will be a top notch organization competing with the big dogs, if you are that fair and nice with the competitors in the pits as you are on here. Wish i could have gone to the race but I'm over 2000 miles away offshore with a crappy internet connection that prevents me from even streaming audio let alone video.

Best of luck to you in the future.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
4/22/13, 9:38 AM   #4
Rpracing1

[QUOTE=MOWA;327098]The MOWA Series would like to thank the team at VCS for scheduling a great night of racing that appealed to a wide audience. We would also like to thank those drivers/teams that aren't MOWA regulars for joining us this Sunday night - particularly the cars from Indiana.

And we really want to thank those who frequent this board who prefer their sprints without wings for their support in this sprint car double-header as well. You got to see roughly 75 sprint cars on a race track in a single night - and that doesn't happen too often. But the wing/non-wing show will happen again at Tri State Speedway in Haubstadt on June 15th as MSCS and MOWA race on the same night. Mark your calendars!

QUOTE]

Thanks a Bunch.......Top notch organization...........Can't wait for this show!!

2 members like this post: ffrid, racing2bwithu2
4/22/13, 10:25 AM   #5
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

MOWA top Notch I went last night to take pictures when I got to the front gate told the very friendly lady at the main gate what I was there for she asked me my name she then got on her phone called someone then told me i was on the list ( I thought Black Ball List) she told me to wait a minute with in seconds a Security person on a four wheeler lead me to a parking spot next to the Pit Gate signed in as the night went on I was asked more then once during the night if there was anything I needed very nice group that includes MOWA & Vermillion County Speedway staff.

4 members like this post: cwfan08, davidm, ffrid, racing2bwithu2
4/22/13, 10:26 AM   #6
tennesseeracefan

First time ever to VCS and to see the MOWA and I was thoroughly impressed! Great racing and spectacular car counts. Especially in the Sprint classes. Didn't expect so many of the WoO guys to be there but it was a pleasant surprise! Looking forward to making the long haul up there again pretty soon.

Posted via Mobile Device

4/22/13, 1:10 PM   #7
Hot Rod K.

I too had a great night at the races during my first visit to VCS! I will definitely be returning. Congrats to Tony Epperson and Shane Cottle on their non-winged victory!

4/22/13, 3:15 PM   #8
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by agar View Post
MOWA top Notch I went last night to take pictures when I got to the front gate told the very friendly lady at the main gate what I was there for she asked me my name she then got on her phone called someone then told me i was on the list ( I thought Black Ball List) she told me to wait a minute with in seconds a Security person on a four wheeler lead me to a parking spot next to the Pit Gate signed in as the night went on I was asked more then once during the night if there was anything I needed very nice group that includes MOWA & Vermillion County Speedway staff.
That is so nice to hear! So often it’s the direct opposite. Some tracks back here in the east seem to go out of their way to make it hard for photographers!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "The Wild Child" Sweeps MOWA Event at Vermilion County Spdwy