IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi at Jacksonville this Friday
6/11/08, 4:26 PM   #1
POWRi at Jacksonville this Friday
gateway

O’Reilly POWRi Midget Series Competitors Hope Third Time’s a Charm for Morgan County Speedway

Series looks for fifth different winner in five races; Micro-Sprints will also compete

MILLSTADT, Ill. (June 10, 2008) – If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. And that means three times if necessary.

That’s what O’Reilly POWRi National Midget Series competitors hope for when they head to Morgan County Speedway in Jacksonville, Ill. for the fifth race of the 2008 season Friday. It marks the third time this season competitors hope to compete at the third-mile track, as two previously scheduled races have been postponed or cancelled due to rain.

The race, which was originally scheduled for June 6, will also be the sole race of the weekend, as Saturday’s scheduled race at St. Francois County Speedway in Farmington, Mo. was cancelled.

Zach Daum is leading the Midget point standings but is still looking for his first victory of the season. Four other drivers – Brett Anderson (Macon, Ill.), Mike Hess (Grand Valley, Mo.), Casey Shuman (Wheatland, Mo.) and Brad Loyet (Belleville, Ill.) – have already take victories. Daum’s best finish was a second-place finish.

Second in points is Hess, just 80 points back, followed by Daniel Robinson and Tyler Robbins, who are tied for third and Nick Knepper in fifth.

In Micros, Eric Edwards leads the standings after winning the first two races of the season, both at Macon Speedway. Jeremy Camp won last week at Belle-Clair Speedway in Belleville, Ill., and looks to even the score with Edwards and keep other competitors at bay in the process.

Defending series champion Dereck King is second in the point standings, 230 points out of the lead, with Robbins third, Jacob Patton fourth and Chad Kendall fifth.

6/12/08, 6:24 PM   #2
Re: POWRi at Jacksonville this Friday
Bullringsarebest

This POWRI show is long overdue!!! Looking forward to this race with the POWRI series Micros & Midgets! Also racing is our Big Ten Series show Late Models and Modifieds.
Pits open at 3:00, grandstands open at 5:00
2 lucky kids will win a bicycle in the grandstands!!!
Track phone for info or updates: 217-243-5896
Hope to see everyone come out and support their favorite drivers.

6/12/08, 7:39 PM   #3
petey

Could anyone explain why Powri cancelled their races at I-55, Farmington and Tri-City?

6/13/08, 1:10 AM   #4
MHess

PowrI didn't cancel, the tracks did. Tri-city did not want to run two open wheel shows in a row as they had outlaw make-up date last sunday, Farmington was worried about car count and peved about Tri-City cancelling and I-55 is on July 23 with the night of nascar stars. I don't claim that this info is completely true and accurate as this is just what I was told through the grapevine and if you can make sense out of the first two cancellations, please let me know also...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi at Jacksonville this Friday