IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bryan Clauson ROP
5/10/12, 2:32 PM   #1
Bryan Clauson ROP
Vukie

RT @IndyCarPR: #ROP Update: #39 @BryanClauson has completed all phases and is cleared to compete in the #Indy500 #IndyCar2012.

Lap speeds
Jakes 217.755 Clauson 217.046 Newgarden 216.573 Barrichello 214.083 Pagenaud 214.055 Jourdain 213.633 Cunningham 210.318 Alesi 175.402 #ROP

"As for Newgarden and Clauson, they've become fast friends over the past year. Both ran for Sam Schmidt Motorsports last year and now they're IndyCar teammates at Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing. Clauson said it's his goal to get Newgarden to some dirt track events this summer. And the bigger goal: "Don't be surprised if I get him a ride in the Chili Bowl."

From TSO.
Last edited by Vukie; 5/10/12 at 2:42 PM.

5/10/12, 2:44 PM   #2
Re: Bryan Clauson ROP
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
RT @IndyCarPR: #ROP Update: #39 @BryanClauson has completed all phases and is cleared to compete in the #Indy500 #IndyCar2012.

Lap speeds
Jakes 217.755 Clauson 217.046 Newgarden 216.573 Barrichello 214.083 Pagenaud 214.055 Jourdain 213.633 Cunningham 210.318 Alesi 175.402 #ROP

"As for Newgarden and Clauson, they've become fast friends over the past year. Both ran for Sam Schmidt Motorsports last year and now they're IndyCar teammates at Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing. Clauson said it's his goal to get Newgarden to some dirt track events this summer. And the bigger goal: "Don't be surprised if I get him a ride in the Chili Bowl."

From TSO.
Great job by BC! Looks like Alesi is done for the month

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/10/12, 2:58 PM   #3
Vukie

Bourdais & Legge weren't on the track today, no engine's. ROP will be held again for three days next week.

5/10/12, 3:01 PM   #4
RoadtoIndy

Great job by Bryan today at IMS! Don't forget the BC's Bandwagon ticket package...a great deal for under $50!

http://secure.brickyard.com/Promotio...PromotionCode=

2 members like this post: mowerman, Vukie
5/10/12, 4:39 PM   #5
Vukie

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...ck-orientation

1 member likes this post: scooter99
5/10/12, 5:43 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Rookie qualifications day pics from IMS
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway...ation-program/

5/10/12, 6:15 PM   #7
TeamCGR

Very cool for BC and Tim. They work as hard as anyone to promote, compete and win in our sport. BC, I guess its, "Elbows Down??" in an Indy Car.. Good luck..

CGR

5/10/12, 6:58 PM   #8
Kansasdirtfan

Way to go, Champ! Your many Kansas friends and fans are proud of you. I'll be there pulling for you on Memorial Day.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
5/10/12, 7:07 PM   #9
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Bryan and crew are bringing excitement back to Indy!! Way to go guys!! Now if we could just get them to add clay to the track!! Good Luck Bryan, we will all be cheering you on!!

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, mowerman
5/11/12, 8:29 AM   #10
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I was at ROP yesterday. BC looked really good. I didn’t see him have to step out of the gas coming through turn one. Others had “moments” in 1 where they had to get out of it. You can hear when somebody misses the line and has to back out of it. His lines were smooth and consistent, which is what you need at IMS. As he has said, last year’s Lights season really helped with knowing the lines. I’m an Indy 500 fan regardless, but it was really nice to have somebody out there that I actually have talked to a little bit and have seen race hundreds of times. Things won’t go back to having a ton of those guys in the race, but I’m hoping we can get a few more down the line. Randy Bernard has seen how important it is which is refreshing.

SFHR really has a nice team. BC and Newgarden make a good pairing. Newgarden is an American too, just came up the karting route and went overseas for a while. Good kid, well spoken, and didn’t bring a bucket of money to the deal. His great season on track last year got him the ride. So he’s someone to root for too. Those two make great teammates, just need experience. I’d love to see Newgarden run the Chili Bowl…I have no doubt BC would try and make it happen.

4 members like this post: cmakin, cowboyhar69, mowerman, Vukie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bryan Clauson ROP