IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Z link vs 4-bar rear setup (non wing mini)
2/11/12, 1:49 AM   #1
Z link vs 4-bar rear setup (non wing mini)
PatrickMead#13

So I'm looking at another car and see he has a z link on his mini sprint. I'm setup with the same chassis, cages, same length links, and torson bar setup. What would be the advantages / disadvantages of dropping off the 2 lower links and running a z link. I know the axle moves more with the z, but is it easier to manage and tune? More trouble than it's worth? I'm planning on running non wing and the car has a wing setup in it now and springs for a driver nearly double my size so the bars are way up there in rates. Thank you, Pat

2/17/12, 12:17 PM   #2
Bradleyracing86

Requires different birdcages and and torsion arms to be done right. Z link rotates better... And when we are talking rotation it's not a whole lot.. Disadvantages are chain issues, due to adjustment with gear change, and bird cage timing. Every time you change a gear, you have to adjust the length of your torsion arm to maintain the same timing.
Hope this helps. Andy

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Z link vs 4-bar rear setup (non wing mini)