IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Portland, In.
9/2/10, 2:28 PM   #1
Portland, In.
Dyno Don

What ever became of that super racing complex that was partially constructed in Portland, In.?

It seemed like it would be a neat deal, but it just disappeared.

9/2/10, 4:06 PM   #2
Re: Portland, In.
racerjim2

It just disappeared I think. Big plans, no $$$.

9/2/10, 4:34 PM   #3
bgbrd

I think it was some bad investments.

9/2/10, 4:52 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I was by there recently and it is nothing but a field of weeds. Owners were/are involved in litigation according to a friend of mine who lives in the area.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/2/10, 6:55 PM   #5
sc96

It went to court judgement was filed against property property was sold at a sheriffs sale city bought it back at the sheriffs sale.

9/2/10, 7:13 PM   #6
USAC Fan

Good ol X-Plex. What a stupid name.

Which reminds me of stupid ideas, whatever happened to the X2RA? Didn't they schedule heavily at X-Plex and then when the place didn't open, they had to scramble to find replacement races and only ended up running a handful of shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
It went to court judgement was filed against property property was sold at a sheriffs sale city bought it back at the sheriffs sale.

Pennies on the dollar, I'm sure.

9/2/10, 10:25 PM   #7
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Fan View Post
Good ol X-Plex. What a stupid name.

Which reminds me of stupid ideas, whatever happened to the X2RA? Didn't they schedule heavily at X-Plex and then when the place didn't open, they had to scramble to find replacement races and only ended up running a handful of shows.

Pennies on the dollar, I'm sure.
USAC Fan, I normally won't call people out on websites cause that's just somewhat a ***** way to do things, but you have got to be the most negative, and terrible outlook on everything that doesn't have the USAC name in front of it. Just do everyone a favor and go away.

6 members like this post: awnunn, Bruce Harrison, GregD, nathans1012, racefan20, Vukie
9/3/10, 1:05 AM   #8
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
USAC Fan, I normally won't call people out on websites cause that's just somewhat a ***** way to do things, but you have got to be the most negative, and terrible outlook on everything that doesn't have the USAC name in front of it. Just do everyone a favor and go away.
Everyone else hates everything that has the USAC name in front of it. I'm here to balance things out.

Wonder if you'd have the same opinion if you knew I was a customer? Oh well, won't have to worry about that anymore.

9/3/10, 10:52 AM   #9
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Fan View Post
Everyone else hates everything that has the USAC name in front of it. I'm here to balance things out.

Wonder if you'd have the same opinion if you knew I was a customer? Oh well, won't have to worry about that anymore.
I'm not getting into a pissing match with you because it's not worth my time. I've got no issues with anybody speaking their mind, but to not back up what you say with your real name is just a weak way to do things. Dad always told me "If you don't have anything nice to say, make sure you have the balls to back it up."

3 members like this post: awnunn, Checker'd Past, racefan20
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Portland, In.