IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New USAC Rule vs. Sat Night racers at Vernon
4/5/10, 1:17 AM   #1
New USAC Rule vs. Sat Night racers at Vernon
Eagle14

I was wondering this and lacking any superior intellect I figured I should seek answers from the high beings on this rotating mass known as earth.

Is th loop hole for the drivers running for the Super Duper, High Performance, points system (All Universe National Driver of the Year) USAC is promoting based on if a show is scheduled and ran within x amount of miles, scheduled then cancelled within x amount of miles or what?

It was good to see USAC guys towing in, any racing is good, but I was not sure that Kunz's boys could do this unless there is a loop hole in the rule?

DD and Clarke are both top ten runners in the National Points for the big money and so...just curious.

Seeking knowledge from those who also understand where the holy grail can be found and where Atlantis is.

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
4/5/10, 10:25 AM   #2
Re: New USAC Rule vs. Sat Night racers at Vernon
DonMoore10

Prepare to be thrown to the wolves and stoned for even thinking about your question, let alone posting it on IOW............

1 member likes this post: Need For Speed
4/5/10, 11:26 AM   #3
groove grabber

haha don

4/5/10, 5:44 PM   #4
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

I would love to know a little more also...............Anyone????

4/5/10, 6:25 PM   #5
Kirk Spridgeon

From what I was told, the guys asked if it was OK to go, and they were told that it was fine. That is a clause in the rule. And I don't think anyone would expect USAC to forbid anyone from racing somewhere when all weekend events are cancelled!

As I said before, the rules aren't meant to be crazy or anything...

3 members like this post: Eagle14, Geoff Kaiser, STIDA.com
4/5/10, 6:26 PM   #6
IndyBound

Eagle 14, I am only guessing here and have no inside knowledge of USAC's new rule; in my way of thinking once USAC canceled the Eldora race there teams were able to go race where ever they wanted to and shouldn't be penalized. They wouldn't be racing against a USAC show, USAC called there show off. Two nights of USAC racing lost to the competitors, no revenue coming in for the teams and drivers, only makes sense you would load up and head off to a track paying $4000 to win.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 4/5/10 at 6:28 PM.

4/5/10, 6:43 PM   #7
cshuman

Would it have been any different if they raced Friday? Surprised that USAC gave the ok, with them trying to establish a line in the sand, and promote loyalty. Not that Im upset or trying to stir anything, I think its good they came, and I obviously feel they should be able to race when and where they want on off nights. Turned out the be a great night of racing for fans and teams.

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
4/5/10, 7:40 PM   #8
Beer Goggles

If I were running for that title, I'd get that "permission" in writing from USAC. Could turn up to be a point of contention down the line......

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New USAC Rule vs. Sat Night racers at Vernon