IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500
4/1/18, 5:06 PM   #1
Little 500
Therealether

May be early, but is it on PPV this year?

2 members like this post: Al Pierce, GregD
4/1/18, 5:35 PM   #2
Re: Little 500
billw

speedshift.tv has it on their schedule...thurs fri and sat coverage

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/1/18, 7:30 PM   #3
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
May be early, but is it on PPV this year?
Never to early for little 500🙂

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, speed bump, tirespinner, Tony74
4/1/18, 7:44 PM   #4
revjimk

Thanks to the advice of BrentTFunk, I'm gonna try to overcome my prejudice against pavement racing & try to make this one... God willin' & the creek don't rise
He hasn't given me a bum steer yet

4/1/18, 8:18 PM   #5
tirespinner

Don’t think you be disappointed! Maybe one the V-6s will be in Victory Lane I hope!!!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, jdull99
4/1/18, 10:29 PM   #6
hoosierboy3

Definitely won’t be disappointed with this pavement race. I prefer back stretch seating personally. Those turn 4 bleachers are a bit sketchy for me. Still, one of the races I really make an effort to attend every year. Turn two beer line moves pretty quick too 👍🏻

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, tirespinner
4/1/18, 10:53 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Thanks to the advice of BrentTFunk, I'm gonna try to overcome my prejudice against pavement racing & try to make this one... God willin' & the creek don't rise
He hasn't given me a bum steer yet
Im not a pavement fan, in fact the last winchester sprint race I went too. only two cars finished on the lead lap in a 30 lapper.

But I went to the Little 500 last year and enjoyed it a lot. I guess the only advice I could give you is that if you can get some radio headphones to take to the track, it would be wise, I was on the back straight and couldn't hear the PA at all. It would have helped keeping track a bit but I did ok.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
4/2/18, 12:21 AM   #8
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im not a pavement fan, in fact the last winchester sprint race I went too. only two cars finished on the lead lap in a 30 lapper.

But I went to the Little 500 last year and enjoyed it a lot. I guess the only advice I could give you is that if you can get some radio headphones to take to the track, it would be wise, I was on the back straight and couldn't hear the PA at all. It would have helped keeping track a bit but I did ok.
You can't hear PA on front either; maybe some under yellow but too hard to really make out too much. But I did take a radio last year and it was a big help in keeping up with things vs. not having it like the first 2 times I had went... but it's still enjoyable without; and in fact is its own fun old schooling and trying to figure out how the race is playing out based on what you've seen and know.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, tirespinner
4/2/18, 3:14 AM   #9
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

Thanks, sounds like good advice. Seems like it would be pretty hard to keep track!
Senor Funk says its "chaos"....

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, tirespinner
4/2/18, 9:12 AM   #10

can not ask for any better racing than we have seen the last 3 years. Could this be the year the V6 returns to victory lane? I hope So!!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500