IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Speedway Non Wing $1500 to Win
7/8/08, 11:16 AM   #1
Lincoln Speedway Non Wing $1500 to Win
live4racing

We have decided to make the Lincoln Speedway Bell Racing Non wing show on Saturday July 19th. pay $1500 to win. Hopefully we can get some guys to come to Illinois for Jacksonville on Friday then Lincoln Saturday. Gates open @ 3:00, Hot --Laps @ 6:00, Racing @ 6:30 Any Questions call 217-737-7134

7/8/08, 12:16 PM   #2
Re: Lincoln Speedway Non Wing $1500 to Win
RACEADDICT

:thumbThat is what we needed to see. Promoters willing to work with other promoters and put together back to back good purses. Now it is up to all of us to support them both. For those of you who have not been to the Lincoln track since Hammer took it over it now has a wall all the way around and the times that I have been there a pretty good cushion. Grab as many friends and neighbors as you can and lets show Bill West and Don Hammer two good nights of Non wing sprints.

7/8/08, 1:10 PM   #3
mortboyz

I hope both of these shows come off great!:thumb
I would be concerned however, with these dates during ISW. $1500 to win wouldn't bring hardly any USAC cars, but you also gotta think it wouldn't keep them from Gas City/Bloomington on Friday or L'Burg, Paragon or Rutnamville on Saturday either.
Again, I hope these shows are well attended, both cars and fans, and traditional Sprint cars can succeed in Illinois once again! Thanks to these promoters for taking a shot.:respect:

7/8/08, 6:13 PM   #4
Sprint63122

Glad to see two nights of non-wing in IL for the sprints but they are right it is the last two nights of Indiana speedweeks and I will not miss a non-wing race at Tri-State speedway.If they have a good turnout would like to see the same thing next month during the champ car weekend at Springfield with the same deal for the non-wings again.

7/8/08, 6:16 PM   #5
Kirk Spridgeon

That would be a great time for a sprint car race in Illinois. I'm still looking for a race the night of Springfield...

7/8/08, 10:27 PM   #6
Bullringsarebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4racing View Post
We have decided to make the Lincoln Speedway Bell Racing Non wing show on Saturday July 19th. pay $1500 to win. Hopefully we can get some guys to come to Illinois for Jacksonville on Friday then Lincoln Saturday. Gates open @ 3:00, Hot --Laps @ 6:00, Racing @ 6:30 Any Questions call 217-737-7134
Should be a good weekend.Give me a holler if you need anything:thumb

7/8/08, 10:29 PM   #7
Bullringsarebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
That would be a great time for a sprint car race in Illinois. I'm still looking for a race the night of Springfield...
Already working on it.

7/8/08, 11:27 PM   #8
shipjumper99

there are plenty of cars to go around. I know it is during ISW but I strongly encourage all of the racers and fans around Central Illinois or those not planning on attending the ISW races to support Lincoln. We were there Sunday with the (I know) Late Model and had a great time.

7/9/08, 12:04 PM   #9
mscs20

The last race of ISW is Friday July 18 at Bloomington, so there is no ISW conflict with our Sat night race at Lincoln. Putnamville will be running their weekly show Sat and Paragon is running the Mike Johnson Memorial for $1200 to win. L'burg is off.

7/9/08, 12:29 PM   #10
Sandy Lowe

The final night of USAC's Indiana Sprint Week is Saturday July 19th at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Speedway Non Wing $1500 to Win