IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > what about kevin thomas in truckers car?
3/29/09, 10:02 PM   #1
what about kevin thomas in truckers car?
sprintcarfan99

that kid has shown me the most potential and progress in his 2 years in sprint cars! i talked to his dad last year after he had a very good run at kokomo and the kid barely has any experience at all! he hardly ever tears anything up and is pretty smart on the track! i just think that kid would be a good choice for them! good kid and has his head on straight and knows where he wants to go in racin! go kt!!!!! you get em kid!!!!

3/30/09, 2:05 PM   #2
Re: what about kevin thomas in truckers car?
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcarfan99 View Post
that kid has shown me the most potential and progress in his 2 years in sprint cars! i talked to his dad last year after he had a very good run at kokomo and the kid barely has any experience at all! he hardly ever tears anything up and is pretty smart on the track! i just think that kid would be a good choice for them! good kid and has his head on straight and knows where he wants to go in racin! go kt!!!!! you get em kid!!!!
he is a great kid........very polite and well mannered......but....he doesnt tear anything up because he never goes fast enough. this is not a bash, just an observation. i dont think he would be a good fit in that car......they want someone to gas it up...

3/30/09, 2:27 PM   #3
j_vennard54

I can tear anything up.. and usualy look classy doing so.

J/K

3/30/09, 2:39 PM   #4
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_vennard54 View Post
I can tear anything up.. and usualy look classy doing so.

J/K
Do you have any prospects for rides this year? A few years ago, when my kids found out you were so young and lived just down the highway, you became their favorite driver. We had our car fixed at your families garage a couple of times, and the kids loved to look at the racing pictures in the office area.

3/30/09, 2:41 PM   #5
j_vennard54

Currently it's a craps shoot for me as far as rides. I've been making some calls, and talking to everyone I know about it.. but nothing solid. I'll be going to a lot of races this year though working towards it, finally got myself back into somewhat shape so far. Not many people wanta put a short lil fat guy in their cars.

Anyhow, hopefully something will work out, I'll be working hard trying to make something happen I can promise you that.

3/30/09, 3:22 PM   #6
Haulerin2deep

:thumbRaced against KTjr. lots of times. He stands on the gas just fine and has respect for others equipment. would be a good choice for Truckers ride.

3/30/09, 7:54 PM   #7
ktsr

the kid is still learning! remember how long it to jon stanbrough to get good? and he started at alot younger age than kt did! he is one of the fastest learners i have seen in a while! get him in some good stuff with good people around him. this kid will do great things! keep an eye on him this year!

3/30/09, 7:59 PM   #8
sprintcarfan99

and no this is not his dad! LOL just same initials

3/30/09, 8:51 PM   #9
micro94

Thanks for clarifying that because I was wondering just that.

3/30/09, 11:42 PM   #10
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcarfan99 View Post
and no this is not his dad! LOL just same initials
Yea pretty sure it is his dad. So what. You are a prime example of why there are not that many drivers or teams that post here anymore. I personally think KTjr. is a gasser. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he ran out of race car last year not talent. If your rolling out a pile of used up spares your going to take care of it I promise you. The kid can definately drive he proved that at Haubstadt on several occassions. You owe his dad an apology. Very disrespectful.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > what about kevin thomas in truckers car?