IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC West Coast Sprint Cars?
1/9/10, 6:55 PM   #1
USAC West Coast Sprint Cars?
Tripcrwn

Kings Speedway in Hanford, CA. just published their race schedule for 2010. The schedule includes several dates for the USAC West Coast Sprint Cars - 360s and traditional. Last year was the first for the group who were known only as the West Coast Sprint Cars then and the answer to a rival group that was known as the Bandits - who I believe are now out of business. Chris Kerns, the promoter @ Santa Maria, created the series. In my opinion he should be named the California promoter of the year for all of his good work at Santa Maria. Anyway, I was surprised to see that USAC may now be sanctioning this 360, non-wing, dirt track series out here in the Golden State. They run a schedule that includes Bakersfield, Tulare, Hanford and Santa Maria with the possibility of Ventura joining them as their schedule is not out yet. No press release from USAC to confirm the sanction so I thought I would post here for more information. A few months ago there were rumors of USAC sanctioning this series. The USAC sanction should put an end to the years of squabbling between tracks, drivers, owners, sponsors and fans in Central California. If true it is some great news and a smart move by promoter Kerns.
Last edited by Tripcrwn; 1/9/10 at 7:05 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC West Coast Sprint Cars?