IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Rex Mitchell
11/3/18, 9:18 AM   #1
RIP Rex Mitchell
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Rex Mitchell of Bloomington Indiana passed away yesterday Nov 2nd.Rex loved racing and drove a Sprint Car in the '60s and '70s.He was a local racing legend known as the "King of the Indiana Outlaws" Rest In Peace Rex.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

11/3/18, 12:14 PM   #2
Re: RIP Rex Mitchell
Jerry Shaw

Rex was just one of the toughest drivers of that era, the golden age of sprint car racing. I watched him fight it out at Paragon, just about every week, with so many drivers that have since made it to the Hall of Fame. And routinely beat those guys. I've always thought that he and Larry Miller were the two best sprint car drivers, that just don't get talked about enough these days, when people are talking about who was great. Great warriors like Rex, that showed up week in and week out, year after year, laid the groundwork for the great racing scene we have here, in our area. One that's the envy of race fans, just about every place else.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

11/3/18, 12:31 PM   #3
PIT CART

Rest in peace Rex😥

2 members like this post: ronmil, tirespinner
11/3/18, 8:49 PM   #4
Re: RIP Rex Mitchell
Frazier9

RIP Rex Enjoyed all thraces you ran for me and the ones you won.I remember our last championship in1974 at Paragon.I think that was about the end of our races.Thanks for all the memories .Your Friend Frazier 5 in those days. ED FRAZIER

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/3/18, 9:17 PM   #5
openwheelfan1

I watched Rex at Tri-State and Bloomington when I was very little. He was always a hard racer and fun to watch. May he Race on In Peace.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Rex Mitchell