IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weld
5/30/24, 9:38 PM   #1
Weld
azsprintfan1

Does anyone know if TJ Weld who created TJ Forged wheels is related to Greg Weld of Weld Wheels?

6/8/24, 5:47 PM   #2
TQ29m

I have some information about Greg weld if you are interested, I ran across it today in my shop, I did some work for AJ Watson a few years ago, and he provided me with a publication of Indy news, the one I ran across today was dated June 2006,and has a lot of information about Greg, if you want, I can copy it and send it to you
Bob

6/9/24, 5:45 AM   #3
Re: Weld
wobbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsprintfan1 View Post
Does anyone know if TJ Weld who created TJ Forged wheels is related to Greg Weld of Weld Wheels?
Taylor (TJ) Weld is Greg Weld's son. He started working at weld wheels sweeping the floors working his way up to running the place before it was purchased by an investment group. Taylor was also instrumental in designing and sourcing parts for Vahlco wheels when they started up. He has since started up TJ Forged and is building the nicest wheels in the dirt open wheel market.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oldfan49, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weld