IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson today(night)
10/14/07, 8:22 PM   #1
Anderson today(night)
HEAD

Robertson wins McCloud 2nd Swanson 3rd.

This was the most drawn out show I've been to in quite sometime... 3 reds in the "A" one of which I understand. Just seemed like it took a long time for them to get the lineups down to the drivers in the pit area. Also not very many fans in the stands today I think it was something like 134 at time of National Anthem. I thought there would be more people because of lack of dust and mud that everyone seems to hate recently.
Robertson took the lead early and seemed to have it in hand but a late race charge from McCloud made it interesting for the final few laps, and fans that stuck around due to the lengthy reds. There was ALOT of stuff torn up today... IDK if it was the urge to win or what but WOW... Not a bad show just WAY TOO LONG

10/14/07, 8:32 PM   #2
Re: Anderson today(night)
Andrew S. Quinn

It was (speedy) dry slick down in one where we were sitting. Till I got called in to work......................

Kenyon feature was pretty good.

It was drawn out though. After time trials, we waited an hour (2-3pm) for the heat races to start.

10/15/07, 8:20 AM   #3
bigmojo5

I believe they expected a lot more cars, therefore more time was allotted for the preliminaries than needed. Very few reds or yellows until the championship race, then all heck broke loose. Lost about eight cars on a turn four crash on second lap.
Would have been more interesting to watch if Alison MacLeod had not been running low on fuel. She was turning the fuel switch on and off during cautions to conserve. That's why she didn't have anything for Robertson on the last couple of laps.

Kenyon Midget feature was very good, and an emotional win for Jacob Thompson. This father and son team have worked at it all year and were finally rewarded.

The saddest part of the weekend was the very poor spectator crowd. Place was packed the night before for "A Night of Thrills."

Jim Morrison

10/15/07, 9:02 AM   #4
wbr

Nice to meet you finally Jim. You are correct; they expected 40 to 50 focus cars and had set aside plenty of time to get prelim races run.

Congrats to Jacob Thompson on the big win!!!!!!!!!!:applaud:
You, Dad and Brother saved the best for last.

I believe Alison MacLeod might have won if that last caution had come out; she was really rolling and had pulled Robertson in from a straightaway lead. Good Job Alison:applaud: James & Tanner.

I think we saw a few drivers with awesome driving talent mixed with a few that ran out of talent. The result looked like a demo derby for a while. I hope all the drivers are ok today.

10/15/07, 9:42 AM   #5
LittleRube

Hey Head how much was that Pit Pas again?:kookoo2:

Even though drawn out there were not one but two intermissions for us Rubes to buy our hotdogs....:action-smiley-049:

10/15/07, 6:28 PM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

I figured there would be more Kenyon midgets. Wasnt really expecting any more Focus midgets.

I just went for an afternoon of racing,and to watch the one man driving machine,Chett Gehrke. Figured I'd holler at him during the driver intro's and let him know that his only fan was there.

My darn work phone started ringing just as they were ready to fire up the Focus A-main.

Cant win em all.

10/15/07, 6:50 PM   #7
TBONE

Well there was no NASCAR race to blame for the low attendance...Maybe everyone stayed home to watch the World of Outlaws on SPEED...Or went to Winchester...You should of went to Winchester HEAD!!!

10/15/07, 7:51 PM   #8
Mr. Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
Well there was no NASCAR race to blame for the low attendance...Maybe everyone stayed home to watch the World of Outlaws on SPEED...Or went to Winchester...You should of went to Winchester HEAD!!!
:action-smiley-049: you've gone to the dark side TBONE....:icon_smile_blackeye

10/16/07, 1:04 AM   #9
HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy View Post
:action-smiley-049: you've gone to the dark side TBONE....:icon_smile_blackeye
GONE?!?!?!? from what I can tell he's been there,or at least on his way for quite sometime now

10/17/07, 10:16 PM   #10
8ball

Does anyone know who was video taping that race, and who we can buy the DVD from?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson today(night)