IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Harvest of Sprints Make-Up Waynesfield
9/30/13, 3:29 PM   #1
WRP DK

September 30, 2013
Waynesfield Raceway Park.
Sunday, September 29th we were unable to complete our inaugural Harvest of Sprints program due to the persistent rain mist despite everyone’s efforts. Initially it was announced that we would make up the race this Friday October 4th. After much consideration we have decided to make it up on Friday October 11th instead. Some of the reasons behind this decision are:

We would lose too many drivers to prior commitments if ran this Friday.

In fairness to fans and drivers/crews the Eldora UMP Nationals are this weekend so it would be best to not run against that.

Lastly, there is another “All Sprint” show scheduled at Eldora for next Saturday evening and having our show prelude that would make the most sense for the fans, drivers and crews.

We have given the format great consideration given the fact we did complete some heat races. In fairness to our fans, since all preliminary events were not completed, we have decided to restart the entire program from scratch.We want the fans to have their full entertainment value for a show of this magnitude and feel the only fair way to do that is start the show over.

We will honor all wristbands for the event and the pits will open at 4:00pm, main grandstand at 5:00pm and racing to begin at 7:00pm. The event will include the same classes of 360 Winged Sprints, 410 Non Wing Sprints and the 1000cc Mini Sprints.
General Admission $15.00

11 years – 15 years old $ 10.00
Kids 10 and under FREE
Pit Pass $28

www.waynesfieldracewaypark.net

Thank you for your understanding and support. See you on the 11th.
Last edited by WRP DK; 9/30/13 at 7:00 PM.

9/30/13, 5:00 PM   #2
Re: Harvest of Sprints Make-Up Waynesfield
Andrew S. Quinn

I was hoping you would really roll the dice and run the race on a Saturday night without any opposition from other tracks,and that would be the last weekend in October.

Coming from Indianapolis after work on a Friday can be done,if you want to get there at the last minute. I already have plans for the next night miles away from Waynesfield, so thats out for me.

A Saturday night without opposition from any other racing is very doable for myself,and surely others that would be hard pressed to make it there on a Friday night after work from long distances.

9/30/13, 5:04 PM   #3
racefan20

Dont think they want to freeze to death on the last weekend in October...

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: griffithracing
9/30/13, 5:18 PM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

Hence I said "roll the dice"

I was sweating Saturday night at Little Belleville. Last year I was freezing when they ran their last race.

9/30/13, 5:46 PM   #5
Sprintcarfanatic

Thats probably a pretty good deal for the 1's that trashed thier cars but the fellas that already are in the main thinks it sucks.

I did hear alot of people say they could not make it back this friday so now they can maybe.

9/30/13, 6:28 PM   #6
WRP DK

If you attended the rainout of the Harvest of Sprints event on Sunday September 29th, and you are unable to make it back for the make up on Friday October 11th, refunds will be available by mailing your wristbands along with a return address to:

Waynesfield Raceway Park
15595 Waynesfield Road
Waynesfield, Ohio 45896

9/30/13, 7:20 PM   #7
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Dont think they want to freeze to death on the last weekend in October...
Use the Pa philosophy...It's easier to cancel a race then to add one if the weather would be nice!!!

9/30/13, 9:08 PM   #8
Sprintcarfanatic

I've damn near froze to death some nights this year that felt more like mid November.

1 member likes this post: racing4aman
9/30/13, 9:48 PM   #9
unclebuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP DK View Post
If you attended the rainout of the Harvest of Sprints event on Sunday September 29th, and you are unable to make it back for the make up on Friday October 11th, refunds will be available by mailing your wristbands along with a return address to:

Waynesfield Raceway Park
15595 Waynesfield Road
Waynesfield, Ohio 45896
I just want to complement the folks at WRP. You did every thing you could do to get the show in. You probably didn't have 200 people in the front gate, and yet you didn't cancel.

4 members like this post: larsonfan, racing2bwithu2, racing4aman, Will Shunk
9/30/13, 10:32 PM   #10
johnnythunderhead
Banned

i'd like for some of the Indiana promoters to read the notice posted above/ most certainly not dave rudisell though, as he had a race rain out last year at the burg and added the features to the next weeks show and did not charge anyone a dime for that entire night of racing, yep he gave us all a free race, with double features to boot no less! (I doubt you'll find that kind of fan appreciation anywhere else on the planet!)

and I agree with wrp dk entirely on this make up date issue
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 9/30/13 at 10:37 PM.

1 member likes this post: griffithracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Harvest of Sprints Make-Up Waynesfield