IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Heading back to Indy after Haubstadt
7/16/11, 4:24 PM   #1
Heading back to Indy after Haubstadt
wtvwrocks

You guys were so helpful the other day with directions I'm hoping you can again. The other night we didn't realize 70 east was closed and spent a nice 45 minute delay while a train changed tracks......

Heading home tonight I seem to remember a back way to 70 if you made a right at Stuckeys on 41. Is that way clear? Or is the only way to up to 40? If we can go that back way does anyone know the exact route? All I remember is turn right at Stuckeys.

Thanks!

Sacha
Posted using Mobile Device

7/16/11, 4:29 PM   #2
Re: Heading back to Indy after Haubstadt
sprint38racer

yes you can turn right at stuckeys,.... or the best way to indy from tri state in my opinion is go south on 41 to first light and go left a few miles over to 57.....follow it up to 67 is much quicker time wise if you dont mind some two lane roads

7/16/11, 4:33 PM   #3
Jerry Shaw

Just take the new Hwy 641. It's right there before you get to Ivy Tech, on the way back. Take 641 all the way to it's end (about 2 miles) and turn left on McDaniel Road. McDaniel Road will take you all the way back to Margaret Avenue, without having to deal with all the lights on the South side of Terre Haute. It's the 3rd light you'll come to. You'll know you're close to Margaret when you cross under I-70. Turn right on Margaret and take it all the way back to Hwy 46. Margaret runs parallel to I-70. It's probably about 5 miles or so. Get on I-70 East at Hwy 46.

This way is the fastest detour on the Southside and keeps you on nicer 4-lane roads all the way till you get to Margaret.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/16/11 at 4:36 PM.

7/16/11, 4:36 PM   #4
wtvwrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint38racer View Post
yes you can turn right at stuckeys,.... or the best way to indy from tri state in my opinion is go south on 41 to first light and go left a few miles over to 57.....follow it up to 67 is much quicker time wise if you dont mind some two lane roads
We are in the big sprint car truck and trailer so usually 70 is faster. But I used to take 67 all the time in my car when I was driving back and forth.

Is that all we do is turn right at Stuckeys and follow it or is there another turn?

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Just take the new Hwy 641. It's right there before you get to Ivy Tech, on the way back. Take 641 all the way to it's end (about 2 miles) and turn left on McDaniel Road. McDaniel Road will take you all the way back to Margaret Avenue, without having to deal with all the lights on the South side of Terre Haute. It's the 3rd light you'll come to. You'll know you're close to Margaret when you cross under I-70. Turn right on Margaret and take it all the way back to Hwy 46. Margaret runs parallel to I-70. It's probably about 5 miles or so. Get on I-70 East at Hwy 46.

Jerry
Thanks!

7/17/11, 2:01 AM   #5
jim goerge

Sacha Guess pizza is all gone huh? lol Be safe on the way home tonigh t

7/17/11, 5:28 PM   #6
wtvwrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Sacha Guess pizza is all gone huh? lol Be safe on the way home tonigh t

Jim - after I ordered one more large because the two weren't going to be enough the delivery guy came back with a party pizza because that was the only dough they had left. I looked for you to share but we missed you. Needless to say I'm celebrating the end of sprint week with leftover sandy's and margaritas! See you in two weeks for the 40 lapper! Hope the weather is about 10 degrees cooler!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Heading back to Indy after Haubstadt