IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Announcers at Haubstadt last night
6/29/08, 1:50 PM   #1
Announcers at Haubstadt last night
Joey Woods

Great job! It added to a good show. :applaud::thumb

6/29/08, 2:16 PM   #2
Re: Announcers at Haubstadt last night
Jerry Shaw

I agree. I like it when they bring that guy back to do the sprints. The POWRI was good too, but was a little hard to hear, for a Midget novice like me, trying to do updates.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/29/08, 2:21 PM   #3
rkhracing

Those guys done a great job at pir friday night!

6/29/08, 5:22 PM   #4
SPD 37

The announcers at Tri-State last night were terrible. They could not pronounce the names of drivers correctly. They provided bad information. If you announce a race take the time to find out the correct details about the drivers, sponsers and their home towns to better educate the race fans. If you don't want to take the time get a different job. Race fans pay a lot of money getting to the races and they should at least have correct, accurate information given to them by the announcers!

6/29/08, 7:57 PM   #5
David Lynch

Call Tri-State and apply to announce, if you could do a beter job, go for it. Then see if anyone bitches about your announcing job.

6/29/08, 8:01 PM   #6
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD 37 View Post
The announcers at Tri-State last night were terrible. They could not pronounce the names of drivers correctly. They provided bad information. If you announce a race take the time to find out the correct details about the drivers, sponsers and their home towns to better educate the race fans. If you don't want to take the time get a different job. Race fans pay a lot of money getting to the races and they should at least have correct, accurate information given to them by the announcers!
Really? I assume Jason Adams and the man that announces for Powri (name escapes me) were there. Jason always does a great job as does the other man. They did great job at Paducah Fri. night.

6/29/08, 8:02 PM   #7
SPD 37

At one time one of the announcers even said, "Welcome to Tri-City Speedway" duh, get the name of the track right....It's simple, do the job right and be professional! It's easy if you want to. All it takes is for someone to do a little homework!

6/29/08, 8:08 PM   #8
SPD 37

Not sure if it was Jason Adams or not, but I was not impressed and neither was any of the people sitting near me...it's not that hard...don't you think the announcers should at least have some type of background in racing?

6/29/08, 8:39 PM   #9
sprintgal

Alan Beck was announcing the sprints, who at one time did announce at TSS regularly. I also heard the "Welcome to Tri-City Speedway, the home of the "classic track", and I thought wait a minute, aren't we at the home of the "CLASS TRACK" Tri-State Speedway! LOL I also heard the mispronunciation of drivers' names over and over and at one time he stated that Shawn Krockenberger was in the 22k during the feature when in fact it was Kurt Gross all night long. I am used to the announcer at TSS (Jason Adams) talking about what the drivers had done at previous races before that nights race and we didn't get that. :thumbsdown: But what's done is done, and hopefully at the next TSS events we will be graced with Mr. Adams' knowledege of sprint car racing and enthusiasm!

6/29/08, 8:50 PM   #10
Eagle14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgal View Post
Alan Beck was announcing the sprints, who at one time did announce at TSS regularly. I also heard the "Welcome to Tri-City Speedway, the home of the "classic track", and I thought wait a minute, aren't we at the home of the "CLASS TRACK" Tri-State Speedway! LOL I also heard the mispronunciation of drivers' names over and over and at one time he stated that Shawn Krockenberger was in the 22k during the feature when in fact it was Kurt Gross all night long. I am used to the announcer at TSS (Jason Adams) talking about what the drivers had done at previous races before that nights race and we didn't get that. :thumbsdown: But what's done is done, and hopefully at the next TSS events we will be graced with Mr. Adams' knowledege of sprint car racing and enthusiasm!
Yea Kurt Gross didnt exist lastnight in the a main....hahaha.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Announcers at Haubstadt last night