IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Coming to Indy,Hut 100...!!!
8/12/09, 10:14 PM   #1
Coming to Indy,Hut 100...!!!
Waynenz9

Right now I am one frustrated and annoyed Midget racing fan.
I have always thought the Hut 100 as one of the Midget spectacles of the year and a must to see.
I arrive in Indy from New Zealand on the 27th August.
And the main reason was.....to see the Hut 100.
Right now i'm not interested in all the reasons why its not being run.
But somebody,or group,from USAC,Promotors,to Car owners,Drivers etc should get there heads together over this one.
The history and tradition of this race,as well as being unique,should be treated better than this.
This race could be the international jewel in USACS crown each year for the Midgets.
Somebody said they would come from NZ to see the Hut 100 run at Kokomo...I wouldn't.
I'm glad there is something happening that night,I will be there.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/12/09, 10:54 PM   #2
Re: Coming to Indy,Hut 100...!!!
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynenz9 View Post
I have always thought the Hut 100 as one of the Midget spectacles of the year and a must to see.
But somebody,or group,from USAC,Promotors,to Car owners,Drivers etc should get there heads together over this one.
The history and tradition of this race,as well as being unique,should be treated better than this.
This race could be the international jewel in USACS crown each year for the Midgets.
Somebody said they would come from NZ to see the Hut 100 run at Kokomo...I wouldn't.
There ya go!!........he said it all!!..........

8/12/09, 11:51 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynenz9 View Post
Just a suggestion here so don't kill the messenger. Power I midgets will be running at Spoon River Speedway in Canton, IL that night. It is a tripleheader weekend for them so you might consider following along since you are a midget fan. I understand it isn't the Hut 100, but it should be good midget racing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/13/09, 12:19 AM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Using a 30-40g motor up in one night was one reason given.

No reason HUT Hundred couldn't be a Sprint/Midget or Crown/Midget double header 50lps each!

Don't tell me Terre couldn't do it either. That place was well attended on two weds nights I went. OF course its not my risk to take......

8/13/09, 12:54 AM   #5
mortboyz

For Christ's sake, Chuck....STFU!!

This was a heartfelt plea from an extreme Midget fan. And you're right Waynenz9, for many, many years this was the Crown Jewel in America, along with Turkey Night. But sadly, for various stupid reasons (imo) the United States Auto Club no longer sees it that way. Come to think of it, they're having a hard time finding anyone at 16th and Georgetown who acts like they care anything at all about the history of this sport or the once GREAT organization they claim to be working for.

Just one fans opinion.......

4 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, mtek56, spindell, SUPERDUKE
8/13/09, 1:14 AM   #6
Waynenz9

Thanks Mike,had there racing on the itinerary,might just go back there and workout a way to do there Friday night at Morgan County and the Sunday night at La Salle,would like to see the Sprintcars on Terre Haute.

8/13/09, 3:25 AM   #7
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
for many, many years this was the Crown Jewel in America, along with Turkey Night. But sadly, for various stupid reasons (imo) the United States Auto Club no longer sees it that way. Come to think of it, they're having a hard time finding anyone at 16th and Georgetown who acts like they care anything at all about the history of this sport or the once GREAT organization they claim to be working for.

Just one fans opinion.......

Creepy....it's like you're inside my brain or something. :2:
Seriously, your opinion is one of a very rapidly growing concensus.
David.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/13/09, 5:06 AM   #8
Tripcrwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Using a 30-40g motor up in one night was one reason given.

No reason HUT Hundred couldn't be a Sprint/Midget or Crown/Midget double header 50lps each!

Don't tell me Terre couldn't do it either. That place was well attended on two weds nights I went. OF course its not my risk to take......
Geez, a post without your politcal crap at the bottom (signature), how refreshing! Why don't you go peddle your right wing propaganda over at FOX news message board.

8/13/09, 6:57 AM   #9
racer-x

[QUOTE=Tripcrwn;127005]Geez, a post without your politcal crap at the bottom (signature), how refreshing! Why don't you go peddle your right wing propaganda over at FOX news message board. [/QUOE]

Is it right wing propaganda or maybe just one station telling you the truth? It kills me how many people are drinking the Kool Aid in this country and agree with the idiots that are running the country!
I saw a bumper sticker that said IF YOU THINK HEALTH INSURANCE IS EXPENSIVE? WAIT TILL ITS FREE!!

3 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, turn4
8/13/09, 8:05 AM   #10
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripcrwn View Post
Geez, a post without your politcal crap at the bottom (signature), how refreshing! Why don't you go peddle your right wing propaganda over at FOX news message board.
Right wing propaganda? Is this Hillary Clinton? I didn't know she posted on here. If you don't like FOX news, you can always watch CNN (communist news network), they have enough left wing spin on their stories to make up for any brush you might have with the vast right wing conspiracy that FOX news is pushing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Coming to Indy,Hut 100...!!!