IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Ideas On This
3/31/08, 8:39 AM   #1
Any Ideas On This
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15745906/detail.html :redflag:

3/31/08, 9:02 AM   #2
Re: Any Ideas On This
jjsprt92

Sounds like they are dealing with the same engine builder,who scewed me out of a $12,000 engine!!!!

3/31/08, 9:15 AM   #3
Rex W.

O man this is gonna get ugly :censor:

3/31/08, 9:23 AM   #4
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsprt92 View Post
Sounds like they are dealing with the same engine builder,who scewed me out of a $12,000 engine!!!!
any names

3/31/08, 9:28 AM   #5
cecil98

I won't name names but, I'll bet the deed to my ranch that it is the engine builder that destroyed just about everything I owned motorwise. Hint first name starts with a "C". I heard he had recently moved to Gasoline Alley from his location out west of the loop.

3/31/08, 9:29 AM   #6
jjsprt92

Dont worry the Name will come out soon enough,Im not going to name names here,as I have a pending suit against this person,But I also know several other poeple who have been screwed over by this guy as well!!!

3/31/08, 9:30 AM   #7
jjsprt92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
I won't name names but, I'll bet the deed to my ranch that it is the engine builder that destroyed just about everything i owned motorwise. Hint first name starts with a "C" last with an "_". You fill in the blank. I heard he had recently moved to Gasoline Alley from his location out west of the loop.
Craig,
Yes its the same guy!!!!

Bill

3/31/08, 9:49 AM   #8
cecil98

A little bird just told me that it was the father of a young lady, who drives a sprinter in the area, retreiving his rightfully owned equipment. This would be hilarious, as long as innocent people don't get in trouble with the law over this. I wish the people that were trying to retrieve their property all of the best and I'm glad they brought the muscle to do it successfully!!!!!!

3/31/08, 10:45 AM   #9
ChappyEight

Here's the report from www.IndyStar.com:

Quote:
An Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis police officer was placed on administrative duty after he was involved in a possible armed robbery on the Westside Sunday.

Robert Botts, 28, will be on desk duty, IUPUI police Capt. Bill Abston said this morning, while the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department investigates an alleged robbery in which suspects allegedly stole a racing engine from Snyder Enterprise, 50 Gasoline Alley.
Advertisement

Charles Snyder, 59, told police that Botts was with William Throckmorton, two other men and a 16-year-old girl about 1:15 p.m. Sunday when Throckmorton came to the garage and told Snyder he was taking an engine that Snyder had been working on for Throckmorton, according to a police report.

Snyder refused to let them take the engine because Throckmorton still owed about $6,200 for parts and labor, according to the report. Throckmorton, 40, Coatsville, told police he had already paid Snyder for the work.

Snyder, according to the report, admitted he pulled a .32-caliber handgun and placed it on a table and said: "Now hold on a minute." Botts and Throckmorton gave a different story, telling police Snyder pointed his weapon at Throckmorton's chest.

Botts, police said, pulled his handgun, identified himself as a police officer and took Snyder's gun. There was a scuffle and one of the suspects held Snyder down while others loaded the engine into Throckmorton's pick-up truck, the report said.

Police seized the engine and are holding it as evidence. No one was arrested, police said, but robbery detectives continue to investigate.

When reached by phone, Botts declined to comment.
Call Star reporter Vic Ryckaert at (317) 444-2761.

3/31/08, 11:54 AM   #10
cecil98

Rob Botts? our Rob Botts, who posts on here frequently?

goes by "Throb" on here.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Ideas On This