IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred Overview
5/23/14, 9:24 PM   #1
Hoosier Hundred Overview
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

Yesterday proved to me that there is still interest in the champ cars and I was happy to see a great event pan out like it did. 26 cars, a good crowd in the grandstands and in the pits, and it seemed as most people left with a smile on their faces. Not a huge turn out of cars or fans, but it was pretty respectable. The racing looked pretty clean and there were some very strong cars. All in all I have got nothing but good things to say. Track was pretty slick but that was expected. I cannot stress enough, if you want to see the champ cars continue to strive and survive come to the races. Support Andy Hillenburg and all he has done to try and rebuild the series. I believe in what he is doing and I give a huge thank you to his supporters. The champ cars cannot be restored to their former glory over night, but the interest is there again and we've gotta help in the rebuilding process.

Hope to see you at the rest of races this season- Greg Hardy
Hardy Boys Motorsports #66

5/24/14, 12:09 AM   #2
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Ditto! Good crowd and car count. Some how felt B. East was running to fast of a pace and sure enough Swanson caught him. I will NEVER miss a Hoosier 100 as long as they put it on and i'm still breathin'. Mom said my first one was in '53, a babe in arms.

4 members like this post: EBookerFan, Kansasdirtfan, racing2bwithu2, speed bump
5/24/14, 10:26 AM   #3
Re: Hoosier Hundred Overview
EBookerFan

The weather was good and the racing was even better. Amazingly the modifieds of Schraeder and Kramer were even faster than the big cars. They were turning laps over 101 for the last 3 laps of the modified race. I sold admission tickets at an entrance gate to the 1953 race and about halfway thru the race we were allowed to go watch the race. The crowd was overflowing and we had to sit in the aisle or stand in aisle to see the finish. The big cars are still fun to watch and it is too bad that the series is not more popular with racing fans.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred Overview