IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HAR Little 500 driver announcement
1/18/17, 2:48 PM   #1
HAR Little 500 driver announcement
cowboyhar69

HOFFMAN RACING IS ANNOUNCING THAT
“SMOKE” WILL RISE FROM THE COCKPIT OF
THE ICONIC #69 AT THE 2017 LITTLE 500

Loveland, OH (18 Jan ,2017) – Hoffman Auto Racing (HAR) is taking great pride today in
announcing that 3 time NASCAR Cup Series Champion, Indy Car Series Champion ,
first ever USAC Triple Crown Champion and one of the greatest/ most versatile American
Race Car drivers in history , Tony Stewart, will drive the Mean Green, Lykins Energy
Solutions , Hoosier Tire , Purple Heart ,Hoffman sprint car in the 2017 Little 500.

“We were celebrating our 2016 Little 500 win on the front stretch of Anderson Speedway
when good friend Tara Armstrong said that Tony Stewart wanted to congratulate my son
Rob and I on the big win. He was so gracious taking the time to call us. He also mentioned
that running The Little 500 is on his bucket list and keep him in mind for 2017. I didn’t
think I could get any more excited at the time, but I did. Tony driving this race for us will go
down as a highlight in the storied 88 year history of HAR. Needless to say , my son Rob
will come out of retirement to prepare and crew chief the car.”

“I’m thrilled to make my Little 500 debut with Hoffman Auto Racing, “Stewart said. “It’s
a privilege to have the opportunity to compete in such a historic race with this team.
Ironically, my only other outing in the Hoffman #69 was at Eldora Speedway, long before
I owned it. The team was strong then and it has remained strong. Their win in last year’s
Little 500 proved it, and I’m looking forward to driving their racecar.”

“A big shout out to our sponsors for stepping up and making our participation in this year’s
Little 500 with Tony Stewart possible. We want to especially thank Mean Green, Hoosier
Tires and Lykins Energy Solutions for their continued support of HAR’ said Tim Waechter
VP of Marketing/Public Relations and Social Media for HAR.

“Mean Green is America’s #1 heavy duty, all purpose cleaner and degreaser that provides consumers
with the toughest clean at a great value. Independent lab test prove that Mean Green out-cleans other
brands on the tough grease and grime. It works better because it contains more cleaning ingredients than
other brands. It’s the Toughness you can Trust for when getting it clean matters most. Great for dirty
jobs inside and out-from the kitchen countertop , tile, & toilet, to outdoor furniture, greasy grills &
engine parts.
Visit www.MeanGreenDegreaser.com for more information

Highlights of the team’s history include: -1929-1960 Gus campaigned Sprint Cars and Midgets, his drivers included Eddie Sachs, and Don Branson - 1964 Gus’s son Richard became co-owner of the Team - 1973-1984 HAR fielded Indy Cars, including 7 Indy 500 starts - 1989 HAR won the first of 11 USAC National Sprint Car Championships with Rob Hoffman as the crew chief (’92,’93,’96,’97,’99,’02,’04,’08,’14,’16)

With 100 USAC National Sprint Car wins and 11 National Championships, HAR has won more National races and championships than any other team in USAC sprint car history. HAR also has 7 Silver Crown wins and one
USAC midget win for a total of 108 USAC National wins.
In 2003 HAR was recognized for excellence by the Ohio State Senate and House of Representatives. HAR has finished in the top 3 in USAC National Sprint Car owners points 20 times since 1989.

Drivers from the past 87 years reads like a who’s who of racing: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Tracy Hines, JJ Yeley, Kasey Kahne, Kenny Irwin Jr, Rich Vogler, Dave Darland, Johnny Parsons Jr., Tim Richmond, Jay Drake, Brian Tyler, Robbie Stanley, Eric Gordon, Steve Butler , Jerry Coons Jr. Ryan Newman, Dave Steele, George Snider, Tom Bigelow Shorty Templemen, Don Branson, Eddie Sachs, Bill Puterbaugh, Elmer George, Pancho Carter, Roger Ward, Andy Michener, Kyle Larson and Brady Bacon. In all approximately 131 drivers have competed in the Hoffman cars. Of those there are four father/son combinations , Dick and Dickie Gaines, Jim and Tracy Hines Kerry and Dave Norris, Clark and Shorty Templemen. Two brother combinations, Larry and Steve Cannon, Pancho Carter and Johnny Parsons Jr. HAR also had a step grandfather and step grandson combination of Elmer George and Ed Carpenter.
Tim Waechter
VP Marketing/Public Relations Hoffman Auto Racing
twbigt69@gmail.com 513-284-1519

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1/18/17, 5:42 PM   #2
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

This is the best news I've heard all day. Man o man you guys certainly attract talent to this seat. All the best.

Rich M

1 member likes this post: jdull99
1/18/17, 6:59 PM   #3
Pavement Dave

Does this mean Kody Swanson is looking for a ride now?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/18/17, 8:17 PM   #4
Re: HAR Little 500 driver announcement
Andrew S. Quinn

Does this meant that "Cowboy" aka Tim Wolffrum will be there as head of HAR pit security?

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner, turn4
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HAR Little 500 driver announcement