IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 31 Lightning Sprints at TSS
10/11/14, 8:48 PM   #1
31 Lightning Sprints at TSS
MMSA

31 checked in at Tri State Speedway

4 members like this post: bn kleen, jim goerge, RickyBobby, scottyCbus
10/11/14, 9:02 PM   #2
bobbyg45

Awsome!!!!! car counts have been great this year with some awesome racing cant wait for 2015

1 member likes this post: bn kleen
10/12/14, 10:05 AM   #3
Re: 31 Lightning Sprints at TSS
Quantrill

Great to see great car count at this final MALS/MMSA show.

Thanks to Jayhawk Millwright and all the sponsors for adding funds to this race to make it a success!
We are looking forward to more national lightning sprint rule events next season.
Last edited by Quantrill; 10/12/14 at 10:37 AM.

2 members like this post: bn kleen, DAD
10/12/14, 10:58 AM   #4
DAD

Mark

Thank you guys for your support. I was looking forward to seeing you or Phil there last night, but to be honest I would not really have given the race a chance in heck of going off with the weather they had to work with .

The people at Tri State are the experts at keeping dirt tracks up and running. I don't think any track in the United States would have had the equipment>> people >>Dirt>>and knowledge to put on a race last night. And on top of all that they gave us a race track that held up through 3 large classes and was as good on the last lap of the last race {ours} as it was when we took our first hot laps.

Thanks go out to both You and Phil for helping make this race possible, thanks also to Mrs. Ruppenthal for her support of this race honoring her husband Allen an innovator in our sport. Wish one of you guys could have made it. I was unusually good last night. Probably because we were so confused in changing over from Bloomingtons "Red Clay" surface set up to Tri States "Engineered Dirt" track surface set up.

The jury is still out but I think I like "Engineered Dirt". Cleaning up the car from last night looks like it will be 4 times easier than trying to get that Bloomington "Red Clay" off of the car and tires.

Can you Believe that many cars!!!!

Honest Dad himself

5 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, Bill May, bn kleen, jim goerge, Quantrill
10/12/14, 5:14 PM   #5
Quantrill

Results Tri-State 10/11/14 31 Cars
Top 4 Transfer
Heat 1
‪#‎28h‬ Rod Henning
‪#‎34t‬ Cody Trammell
‪#‎1x‬ Scott Bradley
#49 Troy Fortune R
#55 Danny Gilbert
#19 Mike Miller R
‪#‎11n‬ Lance Newton
#87 Travis Stickels

Heat 2
#10 Drew Dorsett
‪#‎81h‬ Anthony Haas
‪#‎00x‬ Michael Helterbran
#69 Collin Ambrose
#23 Glenn Davers
#44 Jeff Jackson
#20 Tyler Kendall R
#96 Jerimy Cunningham

Heat 3
#77 Lynn Ambrose
#11 Alex Shipman
‪#‎10c‬ Chris Baumeyer
#37 Doug Jones
#0 Dave Dorsett
‪#‎88j‬ JR Sutton
#14 Jadon Rogers
#03 Scotty Orme
Heat 4
#86 Andy Bradley
#51 Paul Davis
#25 Colin Parker
‪#‎10d‬ Kyle Gray
‪#‎7j‬ Doug Johnson
#00 Cory Meadows R
‪#‎77l‬ Justin Lewis R
B Main - Top 4 Transfer
#0 Dave Dorsett
#77l Justin Lewis R
#55 Danny Gilbert
#7j Doug Johnson
#20 Tyler Kendall R
#23 Glenn Davers
#11n Lance Newton
#96 Jerimy Cunningham
#19 Mike Miller R
#44 Jeff Jackson
#00 Cory Meadows R
#14 Jadon Rogers
#88j JR Sutton
#87 Travis Stickels
#03 Scotty Orme

Feature
#28h Rod Henning
#10 Drew Dorsett
#77 Lynn Ambrose
#11 Alex Shipman
#1x Scott Bradley
#37 Doug Jones
#86 Andy Bradley
#51 Paul Davis
#49 Troy Fortune R
#77l Justin Lewis R
#34t Cody Trammell
#10c Chris Baumeyer
#81h Anthony Haas
#55 Danny Gilbert
#69 Collin Ambrose
#25 Colin Parker
#7j Doug Johnson
#00x Michael Helterbran
#0 Dave Dorsett
#10d Kyle Gray

10/12/14, 6:44 PM   #6
Racer_dude35

Thanks you to TSS for the great track you guys need kudos with weather threating rain, for the people who missed coming every race was fast and close.

3 members like this post: bn kleen, DAD, jim goerge
10/12/14, 11:44 PM   #7
jim goerge

Hey guys first Thanks for racing at the Class Track! Hope you all had as much fun running there as we did having you As for the track prep the track is like that every race even when its a 100 degrees Again thanks for coming!

3 members like this post: bn kleen, Copperhead, DAD
10/13/14, 9:50 AM   #8
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Hey guys first Thanks for racing at the Class Track! Hope you all had as much fun running there as we did having you As for the track prep the track is like that every race even when its a 100 degrees Again thanks for coming!
jim

The pleasure was all ours. I guess it's been 10 years since we ran at Tri-States last. You guys have taken what I thought was a perfect race track and made it better. Did you guys have any rain outs this season? We are used to running a lot of that Indiana "red clay" and when we got there were about a mile and a half off on set up as was a lot of other racers there. By main time we were getting a lot closer, and had a blast.

You guys are missing your calling. What you need to do is Franchise your "ClassTrack" brand and teach other track owners and operators your system for track and prep of what I have been calling "Engineered Dirt". Others have been trying to perfect this stuff for years but it appears you guys have managed to turn it into a science. I know that time and hard work also plays into the system, but you guys work smart and I think that is a secret that could and should be passed to others.

I sure hope more Mini Sprint races can be scheduled in next year at the "Class Track" we are getting close to figuring it out. And if you want to watch some real racing you should watch these things without their wings on.

They are truly "1000cc Midgets" and are capable of putting on a show that would rival Midgets at a fraction of the cost.

Honest Dad himself

3 members like this post: bn kleen, jim goerge, Racer_dude35
10/13/14, 10:20 AM   #9
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I sure hope more Mini Sprint races can be scheduled in next year at the "Class Track" we are getting close to figuring it out. And if you want to watch some real racing you should watch these things without their wings on.

They are truly "1000cc Midgets" and are capable of putting on a show that would rival Midgets at a fraction of the cost.

Honest Dad himself
Yes, I want to see what these cars can do WITHOUT that Wing on top...............

4 members like this post: Copperhead, DAD, Jim Gardner, jim goerge
10/13/14, 11:06 AM   #10
Bradleyracing86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Yes, I want to see what these cars can do WITHOUT that Wing on top...............
Do you still have your triple x midget?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 31 Lightning Sprints at TSS