IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > News from the POWRi Banquet
11/11/12, 10:58 PM   #1
News from the POWRi Banquet
K-Dawg30

I talked to someone who was at the banquet and here some of what was discussed. Again this is second hand but they were there and I trust them as a source.

1.) New Midget age is 14 years old --> Im not a huge fan of this. We have kids in the micros that can cause issues that are young. I guess we will see how it goes.

2.) July 4th weekend a two day show at Little Belleville with USAC and BMARA. Thats right USAC at Little Belleville.

3.) They will host a midget week in Illinois the week before indiana midget week. It will give racers an opprotunity to run around 12 days straight is what they told me was said. --> I like this idea as it could draw some ausy guys as well as NZ guys.

4.) They are gonna promote Sun Prarie and will be working with BMARA on micro rules. Potentially open their rules up some and contrict their rules some to bring them together for a more unified package. I think this is a good thing.

This was not told to me but I think it could be made a solid assumption that the Hut 100 will be cosanctioned again if they are working together at Little Belleville and on the Midget weeks. Now if only the Gold Crown could be co sanctioned too!

Again this was told to me second hand but I consider it pretty accurate because of who it came from.

Now let the discussion begin haha
Last edited by K-Dawg30; 11/11/12 at 11:00 PM.

11/11/12, 11:19 PM   #2
Re: News from the POWRi Banquet
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg30 View Post
I talked to someone who was at the banquet and here some of what was discussed. Again this is second hand but they were there and I trust them as a source.

1.) New Midget age is 14 years old --> Im not a huge fan of this. We have kids in the micros that can cause issues that are young. I guess we will see how it goes.

2.) July 4th weekend a two day show at Little Belleville with USAC and BMARA. Thats right USAC at Little Belleville.

3.) They will host a midget week in Illinois the week before indiana midget week. It will give racers an opprotunity to run around 12 days straight is what they told me was said. --> I like this idea as it could draw some ausy guys as well as NZ guys.

4.) They are gonna promote Sun Prarie and will be working with BMARA on micro rules. Potentially open their rules up some and contrict their rules some to bring them together for a more unified package. I think this is a good thing.

This was not told to me but I think it could be made a solid assumption that the Hut 100 will be cosanctioned again if they are working together at Little Belleville and on the Midget weeks. Now if only the Gold Crown could be co sanctioned too!

Again this was told to me second hand but I consider it pretty accurate because of who it came from.

Now let the discussion begin haha
Attention ASQ!

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Pat O'Connor Fan
11/12/12, 2:33 AM   #3
mortboyz

He was probably there, Russ

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Vukie
11/12/12, 6:50 AM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
Attention ASQ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
He was probably there, Russ
No I've been in Indianapolis all weekend!!

I'm counting the days down before the 2 midget weeks next year,and I do know where I'll be on the 4th of July weekend! Hopefully it wont be as hot as it was this year.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 11/12/12 at 6:52 AM.

3 members like this post: dirtnut, Vukie
11/12/12, 9:27 AM   #5
Jonr

Let's hope that the Gold Crown becomes co-sanctioned as well.

Any news on revamping the week of money before the Belleville nationals?

11/12/12, 9:27 AM   #6
zeromotorsports

Any other dates anounced?

Posted via Mobile Device

11/12/12, 10:13 AM   #7
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg30 View Post

Its supposed to be 9 races in 11 days between the two of them 4 nights of Illinois midget week,then 2 nights off the Indiana midget week starts for 5 nights.

Its great timing for fans that have to travel long distances that would like to see a bunch of races in a short period of time without all that much travel.

The same goes for the drivers that travel over from Australia and New Zealand as well. That gives them an opportunity to race a bunch of times close by,which would make sending a car over look a bit more attractive for 9 races rather than just the 5 nights of midget week,and maybe a couple more along the way.In the past we've seen Michael Pickens,Brad Mosen, Mark Brown,Troy Jordon,Matt Smith,etc (for a few off the top of my head this morning) come over and race. Add in a few others from ARDC and Badger,and some others from other parts of the country,and Canada,and it makes for a good couple weeks of midget racing.

Its still early enough to start making vacation plans for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Any news on revamping the week of money before the Belleville nationals?
I'd love to see them race at Eagle. I stopped in at Eagle Raceway this year on the way from McCool Junction over to US 36. I've only been to Eagle once for winged sprints years ago after Knoxville,and have wanted to go back there for either non wing sprints (I know I could have done that this past summer too) or midgets. Eagle and US 36 look like they could be sister tracks with the banking and layout of the tracks.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 11/12/12 at 10:24 AM.

11/12/12, 10:49 AM   #8
darnall

Oh I hope this all works out, and I can assure you I know where I will be on the 4th...the usual 45 cars PowrI brings to little Belleville plus 10-12 top shelf USAC teams...on a track like that.....WOW!!!!!

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, PAW
11/12/12, 12:42 PM   #9
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeromotorsports View Post
Any other dates anounced?

Posted via Mobile Device
Valley Speedway in Grain Valley, Missouri has put out a tenative schedule with the following two POWRi dates:

Friday May 3rd

Saturday July 27

In years past the May date was run in conjunction with a Saturday night race at Lucas Oil Speedway.

The July date is the Saturday before the Belleville nationals. I know that the Sunday date at US36 has been quite successful for the past several years. Thus, I was wondering if they were trying to do another week of money with McCool going back to a mid week show.

1 member likes this post: Andrew S. Quinn
11/12/12, 12:45 PM   #10
Isaac Chapple Racing

USAC NATIONAL MIDGET show at Little Belleville? That will definitely be a must see. I'll be there.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, DaveP63, dirtnut
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > News from the POWRi Banquet