IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What a crowd at VCS!!!
7/9/12, 1:25 AM   #1
What a crowd at VCS!!!
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

you guys completely PACKED the place tonight! sincerely appreciate everyones patience during the track prep breaks, that rain shower in the late afternoon put us behind the eight ball so to speak. got roughed up during the foot races in intermission, but the important thing is all of the kids and the fans had a good time tonight.

bottom line is thank you for helping support VCS Tonight and hopefully we will do it again soon!!

congratulations to jerrod hull for winning the MOWA Sprint car feature, jordan smith in the street stocks and devin gilpin who won his 26th!! ump modified feature of the year

Posted via Mobile Device

7/9/12, 1:36 AM   #2
Re: What a crowd at VCS!!!
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
you guys completely PACKED the place tonight! sincerely appreciate everyones patience during the track prep breaks, that rain shower in the late afternoon put us behind the eight ball so to speak. got roughed up during the foot races in intermission, but the important thing is all of the kids and the fans had a good time tonight.

bottom line is thank you for helping support VCS Tonight and hopefully we will do it again soon!!

congratulations to jerrod hull for winning the MOWA Sprint car feature, jordan smith in the street stocks and devin gilpin who won his 26th!! ump modified feature of the year

Posted via Mobile Device
Chris you done a great job tonight and it was entertaining to say the least to watch that foot race.

I grew up in the Danville area and this was by far one of the biggest crowds I have seen in a very long time. It was well worth the trip back from Avon and I hope to see the non wing sprints race there again real soon.

4 members like this post: Chris Nunn, Dannypollock24, illiniopenwheel, nathans1012
7/9/12, 4:27 AM   #3
SDHill89

Tonight was my first time at VCS. It's a cool little track and I'll definitely be back when they have sprints again. Hopefully next time mother nature will play nice and give us better track conditions.

1 member likes this post: illiniopenwheel
7/9/12, 11:26 AM   #4
MOWA

Thanks to everyone who turned out last night at VCS. And thanks to you Chris for helping us keep people entertained. Don't know how many monkeys and T-shirts ended up getting shot into the stands, but from the backstretch it sounded like you and Dewain kept the crowd entertained while we got the track work accomplished.

Thanks to the whole VCS promotion team. Great people to work with. Even discussions regarding whether or not to have the fans watch a little bit of a tractor parade in order to put on a better show were handled professionally... and those are typically some tense discussions.

Hope everyone enjoyed it and hope everyone keeps supporting the VCS efforts. I'm sure there will be some non-wing or midget races there in the future. Thanks to those of you who prefer your sprints without wings for coming out to watch our flavor of sprint car racing for a night.

Best wishes for a great Sprint Week to our friends to the East from all of us at MOWA.
Last edited by MOWA; 7/9/12 at 12:03 PM.

3 members like this post: Great Scott, illiniopenwheel, PJ Wright
7/11/12, 4:18 PM   #5
illiniopenwheel

PHOTOS PLUS FULL FEATURE RESULTS FOR ALL 3 CLASSES CAN BE FOUND AT: http://www.facebook.com/VermilionCountySpeedway
Last edited by illiniopenwheel; 7/11/12 at 11:35 PM.

7/11/12, 11:37 PM   #6
illiniopenwheel

The question is....I wonder if a non-wing show could bring as big of a crowd as the winged 410's did? Hmmmm....

7/12/12, 12:42 AM   #7
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniopenwheel View Post
The question is....I wonder if a non-wing show could bring as big of a crowd as the winged 410's did? Hmmmm....
Of course it would. It makes a difference when you properly promote the race and/or track. And MOWA does that well. On the other hand, those fans were so starved for racing, they would have come watched wheel barrels race.
Fan after fan said they came to support sprint cars, regardless of the wings. Interesting how running it on Sunday evening had no effect the crowd either.

7/12/12, 2:19 PM   #8
Avon Open Wheel fan

They need to run a weekly Sunday night show with non wing Sprints. I doubt it will have an impact on Kokomo since its a decent distance from Danville IL. It worked for years as a Sunday track if it is promoted properly it will work. The big thing is they need to move the show along faster and not have too many support classes. Maybe they could rotate the classes each week.

1 member likes this post: mscs20
7/16/12, 12:48 PM   #9
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Chris any news on future dates at VCS for 2012? Please let me know if possible.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What a crowd at VCS!!!