IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Speed TV, Really guys ?
5/13/12, 8:18 AM   #1
Speed TV, Really guys ?
backitin

The only reason I have cable is to watch speed tv. Today they have a futball game on ! Really ?, soccer. Most of they're programing sucks. I have it to watch supercross and this season even that sucked. 3 of the 4 fastest guys were injured by midseason. If open wheel had a injury rate like that people would probly be calling for the sport to be banned, where in motorcycle racing it happens. Anyhow instead of a futball game, how bout some real racing shows ? I'd love to watch a couple hours of nonwinged racing. My first love 410's or a good lightning sprint race. I have a zx1400 engine sitting on my garage floor, once it's in the car I probley wont have anywhere to run it, but I know it will be the kind of car that should be promoted. They're incredible engines. All you would need to race is a oil pan designed to go sideways. Thats a show I'd like to see on speed, 410's and lightning sprints. The lightning Sprints running two classes, stock and unlimited. It just seems wrong that soccer and all the other crap they show trumps good racing.

5 members like this post: 767, FALCONEDDIE, I Miss Manzy, kart31rac, schwarzracen27
5/13/12, 8:21 AM   #2
short track scott

Try Comcast Sports Net today at 6 Eastern. Channel 665 on Directv. Must See Racing from Pensacola.

Regardless of what you watch or don't watch, take a minute to email the networks and tell them what you are interested in watching. Obviously somebody is doing that, and that's why there is soccer on now. And 'Pinks', 'Car Warriors' and all the other stuff. Being silent doesn't really work anymore...

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by short track scott; 5/13/12 at 1:52 PM.

5/13/12, 10:43 AM   #3
Re: Speed TV, Really guys ?
kart31rac

Not even real Football, LoL

2 members like this post: flatout18, koolaid89
5/13/12, 12:49 PM   #4
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

I had to double check the guide to make sure I had the right channel. Wow... times ARE tough all over. Speed Stooping so low to air soccer game ...wow!

5/13/12, 1:14 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

More quality from the good folks at fox.

5/13/12, 1:23 PM   #6
Hotshoe65s

Well at least they will have some good racing on at 6p.m. tonight. Lucas Oil Late Modes 2012 Commonwealth 100. $20,000 to win. Should be a good show.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/13/12, 1:27 PM   #7
Jrp4554

Speed has sucked for awhile. This is just further proof.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, jim goerge
5/13/12, 3:09 PM   #8
Seadog

Get used to it(?)

I read that Fox possibly will make Speed into an ESPN style format in the next 2 or 3 years.

It will be sports of all kinds.

Nascar talked about starting their own channel when that happens.

We'll see I guess.

5/13/12, 5:53 PM   #9
sprntr

I'd LOVE to see NASCAR get it's own channel, then I can block it.

Speed is going the same way that TNN went, start out with racing & deteriorate into septic waste. Vs has done the same.

I prefer to watch Webcasts of races. No commercials & no NASCAR hype.

steiny

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
5/13/12, 7:07 PM   #10
thebus79h

Speed 2 is already in existence, and shows nothing but actual racing. Speed is more than likely going to get morphed into another "Spike".

I don't mind, I watch soccer anyway, so it's cool that this game was on, as the Premier League is finishing up today, that's why. Fox is on a soccer push as it's growing in this country, and is still the biggest sport in the world.

Doesn't matter to me, Speed has been bad for a while if you aren't a Nascar fan.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Speed TV, Really guys ?