IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Video of the Day: (1992 Copper World Classic)
12/29/11, 3:15 PM   #1
Video of the Day: (1992 Copper World Classic)
richie

Here's the 1992 Copper World Classic from Phoenix International Raceway. This race aired on TNN with Steve Evans, Brock Yates, and Glenn Jarrett doing the announcing. I could not find the midget portion of the event, but do have the Silver Crown and the Supermodifieds.

Here's part 1 of 2 of the Silver Crown feature:

Here's part 2 of 2 of the Silver Crown feature:

---------- Post added at 2:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:13 PM ----------

And here is the Super Modified feature:

12/29/11, 4:13 PM   #2
Re: Video of the Day: (1992 Copper World Classic)
dirtball

AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks

1 member likes this post: richie
12/29/11, 6:56 PM   #3
richie

You're welcome dirtball!

What a fantastic crowd there was at Phoenix on that day. It's a shame the Copper World isn't around any longer. I always wanted to see this race at PIR. I guess that won't happen now, but hopefully there's a chance that it will come back in some form or fashion down the road.

12/29/11, 8:30 PM   #4
JstAbvVMC

I went to Copper World #3 in 1979 and another 20 or so over the years. That place was awesome fast and just a great event overall. Then it was off to Manzy at night. Wonderful times. Yep you missed seeing it and I sure miss going!

I

Posted via Mobile Device

12/31/11, 8:30 AM   #5
Fabrizio T.

The Copper World Classic is a Indy 500 of open wheel race my favorite race,Thanks to Richie for posting this beautiful race,Best Regards alls open wheel fan from Fabrizio T.

1 member likes this post: richie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Video of the Day: (1992 Copper World Classic)