IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Quote From Robin Miller's Facebook Page
7/12/10, 4:26 PM   #1
Quote From Robin Miller's Facebook Page
Vukie

"TOOK RANDY BERNARD to Kokomo tonight for USAC Sprint week and he had a blast, meeting the great "Norman" Bubby Jones and chatting up Levi Jones before his feature victory. Randy said it would be cool to see a guy like Levi in the Indy 500 and I told him if he could ever make that happen, he'd win back a lot of fans who had turned their back on Indy cars."

7/12/10, 4:29 PM   #2
Re: Quote From Robin Miller's Facebook Page
BuckeyeBullet

Robin Miller is a friend to all openwheel fans, good man in my books. Now if only he could find a way to make oval track fans appreciate road racing...

7/12/10, 4:37 PM   #3
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBullet View Post
Robin Miller is a friend to all openwheel fans, good man in my books. Now if only he could find a way to make oval track fans appreciate road racing...
Robin Miller is a friend to himself. Period. He craves attention. He is old school, though. I will give you that. He seems to be getting to be pretty good friends with Randy Bernard.

BTW I'm not in love with IndyCar street/road racing, but I don't hate it. I do find it interesting now and again.

7/12/10, 5:33 PM   #4
short track scott

Robin doesn't do much to battle the 'attention craving egotist' tag that seems to hang around him a lot.

But over time there has been a TON of guys of whom the same can be said. Drivers, owners, sponsors, promoters, and fans.

I take the bad with the good in Robin Miller. Who else brought the top dog of Indy Car to Kokomo last night?
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by short track scott; 7/12/10 at 5:39 PM.

5 members like this post: buck2, Jerry Shaw, mod4s, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/12/10, 6:37 PM   #5
racephoto1

IRL had their chance when it started. I remember names like Hewitt and Kinser running the 500, and the local guys(us) loved it. Everyone had a chance back then, before engine rental deals killed it all.

1 member likes this post: Need For Speed
7/12/10, 7:44 PM   #6
okienonwingfan

You forgot Boat as well. When the IRL started up I was all in but once it became the same old same old I lost interest real fast.

2 members like this post: Fontana180, Need For Speed
7/13/10, 8:45 AM   #7

its all about money. When the sponsors never showed up, the open wheel guys got kicked to the curb. You want open wheel guys back at indy there are only 2 options. #1 set the rules up to where an open wheel team can build or maintian there own car. #2 drivers have to get sponsors. With the change in mentality, I'm not sure if any car owners would rush out to get a car. #2 is never going to happen, because drivers tend to get just enough sponsorship, or they fall into a big deal for a year or 2 then it goes away. Honestly, when this new car comes out, if it were to cut the cost in half, I still don't see any open wheel teams making the venture.

7/13/10, 4:48 PM   #8
illiNOISE

Why is it incumbent on Randy Bernard to get sprint car racers to Indy Car? IF the drivers wanted to get there, it should be their responsibility to go to road racing schools, and get some road racing experience. Bernard's job should be to get the best talent from all over the racing world to Indy Car, whether it's from sprints and midgets, F1, Australian SuperCars, or where ever else.

1 member likes this post: Seadog
7/14/10, 9:52 PM   #9
v8j

Hopefully Robins relationship with Bernard willl not end like his racing career

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Quote From Robin Miller's Facebook Page