IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Rules for 2008
1/4/08, 6:24 PM   #1
USAC Silver Crown Rules for 2008
dirtywhiteboy

http://www.usacracing.com/images/sto..._appendixb.pdf

Looks as if the old Silver Crown cars are not going to be included in USAC.

Anyone know if the PRA is still going to be around or did we just get alot of museum pieces and high priced garage clutter?

1/4/08, 6:59 PM   #2
Re: USAC Silver Crown Rules for 2008
miledirt

for pavement only right...just like last year

1/4/08, 7:02 PM   #3
dirtywhiteboy

Yeah there is a seperate section for the dirt cars.

Trust me if there wasn't my post would not make it past the censors.

I might make a new worlds record for the most use's of the F-word in printed form.

1/4/08, 9:28 PM   #4
Anderson36

hey there dirty little white girl...

I had heard a few weeks ago after talking to George Snider that Bob East was supposed to have a meeting with USAC, one of which USAC had initiated. I haven't heard anymore details of the meeting, but maybe I will give George a call again this weekend and see what he has heard. A friend told me that they were contemplating the old cars for the '09 season.

I would bet with Jason Smith back at USAC coupled with the fact that a car owner friend of mine is still waiting for a few purse checks from last year there probably will NOT be a PRA this year.

1/4/08, 9:58 PM   #5
Mad Max

I've also heard about the old cars running in 09, at the same time I heard that there will be 3 or 4 races later in the season for 08.

1/4/08, 10:11 PM   #6
sc96

Any idea where these 4 or 5 races might be.

1/4/08, 10:16 PM   #7
Mad Max

Nothing for sure, but I think that Richmond was mentioned.

1/5/08, 12:42 AM   #8
NJDMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post

I had heard a few weeks ago after talking to George Snider that Bob East was supposed to have a meeting with USAC, one of which USAC had initiated. I haven't heard anymore details of the meeting, but maybe I will give George a call again this weekend and see what he has heard. A friend told me that they were contemplating the old cars for the '09 season.

I would bet with Jason Smith back at USAC coupled with the fact that a car owner friend of mine is still waiting for a few purse checks from last year there probably will NOT be a PRA this year.
dirtywhiteboy rule #1: Never let facts get in the way of a good USAC bash.

1/5/08, 8:49 AM   #9
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36

NJDMONEY dirtywhiteboy rule #1: Never let facts get in the way of a good USAC bash.
Where am I bashing USAC in that post NJDMONEY? In my original post I posted the link to the Pavement Silver Crown series rules and was wondering if the old pavement Silver Crown cars had been put out of commision or are they still going to be run in the PRA if that was still around.

Sorry I have been critical of the "beloved" USAC but they have done alot to critical of and whn you call yourself the top level in open wheel racing in America like they do, that leaves you wide open to scrutiny.

1/5/08, 8:53 AM   #10
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post

Thanks gimp. :kookoo2:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Rules for 2008