IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big News: Indiana State Sprint Car Championship
9/15/08, 9:04 PM   #1
Big News: Indiana State Sprint Car Championship
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

This year on Oct. 11th Lawrenceburg Speedway will be hosting a race of Indiana Sprint Car Champions, That right we are having a special race on the Saturday night of Fun Fest. The top 2 drivers in points from each indiana sprint car track will compete in a race of champions. The top price of $1000 to the winner and the honor of being the Indiana State Sprint car Champion for 2008. Hoosier tire will award a Champions jacket to the winner also. We are also doing this program for the modifieds and Late Models. for more info www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com
This is going to be fun and exciting.

9/15/08, 9:14 PM   #2
Re: Big News: Indiana State Sprint Car Championship
SPD 37

Sounds like I have heard of this before....Indiana State Sprint Car Champion concept before??? but that idea was called the Indiana Race of Champions....and you are going to have this race with how many other classes of cars? Sounds like this was somebody elses idea....

Good Luck

9/15/08, 9:18 PM   #3
okokok

Great marketing strategy...

Sprint car count is a bit light right now, so, invite all the best cars in the state, hoping a few might change their home track...

9/15/08, 9:20 PM   #4
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD 37 View Post
Sounds like I have heard of this before....Indiana State Sprint Car Champion concept before??? but that idea was called the Indiana Race of Champions....and you are going to have this race with how many other classes of cars? Sounds like this was somebody elses idea....

Good Luck
Thought you were talking about this for the last 2 or 3 years.....is any of this your doing???

9/15/08, 9:33 PM   #5
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okokok View Post
Great marketing strategy...

Sprint car count is a bit light right now, so, invite all the best cars in the state, hoping a few might change their home track...
#1 This was Terry Eaglin's Idea
#2 Its a end of season racers party, with racing and much more.
#3 Nobody is forced to come and race, we have this race to show our appreciation to all racers.
#4 There is a ton of classes racing,almost everything that races on dirt is racing this weekend. This is the 13th annual Fun Fest.
#5 We are not trying to get anyone to change thier home track, there are no other tracks racing this weekend.
Bottomline, Its a weekend of fun, food and friends, racing and enjoying the weekend on last time before we all hibernate for the winter.

9/15/08, 9:45 PM   #6
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

It sounds like a cool idea to me. Indiana is the racing capital of the world. We need more races like this. And I can't believe that another year of racing is almost over. Where does the time go?

9/15/08, 10:34 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The concept is great and Im glad they are at least doing it.
The problem I have is FF is three days and going sat night I wouldn't see the features of the normal racing and have to sit thru 15 classes of cars.

This race would go great with the MSCS night or a event of it's own. Top five from each track invited. Top two guaranteed start A MAin Two heats each points determine feature line up Sprint Bandit format That would be awesome and guarantee a full field. 30 laps! May the best man, or woman win!
Reason for some of that is some drivers are top two at more than one track.

I'll try to make it!
to this one to see the drivers and support the concept.

The thing Id much rather see with Fun Fest is each night have features of the ODD-Even and not just the heats much like Knoxville format.

Have fun
Chuck
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/15/08 at 10:36 PM.

9/15/08, 10:39 PM   #8
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
The concept is great and Im glad they are at least doing it.
The problem I have is FF is three days and going sat night I wouldn't see the features of the normal racing and have to sit thru 15 classes of cars.

This race would go great with the MSCS night or a event of it's own. Top five from each track invited. Top two guaranteed start A MAin Two heats each points determine feature line up Sprint Bandit format That would be awesome and guarantee a full field. 30 laps! May the best man, or woman win!
Reason for some of that is some drivers are top two at more than one track.

I'll try to make it!
to this one to see the drivers and support the concept.

The thing Id much rather see with Fun Fest is each night have features of the ODD-Even and not just the heats much like Knoxville format.

Have fun
Chuck
Damn it!! I can't do nothing right, i'm joining Jiggs!!!:headbang

9/15/08, 10:43 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
Damn it!! I can't do nothing right, i'm joining Jiggs!!!:headbang
Its nothing your doing wrong. Just used most of the vacation for other races.

Your Joining Jiggs, You promoting GC as well? Could pull of some great double headers

9/15/08, 10:46 PM   #10
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Its nothing your doing wrong. Just used most of the vacation for other races.

Your Joining Jiggs, You promoting GC as well? Could pull of some great double headers
No, joining Jiggs in retirement.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big News: Indiana State Sprint Car Championship