IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Midget Eastern Tour????
7/29/18, 2:16 PM   #1
USAC Midget Eastern Tour????
revjimk

I've been looking forward to USAC midgets in Pa. since the schedule was released. Last year they were some of my favorite races...
But weather report looks AWFUL... I look every day & it gets worse, now they say rain on Sunday too
Will they even bother to tow out?
Any chance they could reschedule??? (Please USAC!)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/29/18, 5:08 PM   #2
Re: USAC Midget Eastern Tour????
BrentTFunk

Unfortunately, not much room to reschedule a trip like that.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
7/29/18, 5:11 PM   #3
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

I haven’t seen the forecast but no one (including me) thought Plymouth would run last Friday. But they did. You never know...

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, jim goerge, PIT CART, PJ Wright, tirespinner
7/29/18, 5:31 PM   #4
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Unfortunately, not much room to reschedule a trip like that.
Thats what I figured & dreaded.....

7/29/18, 5:32 PM   #5
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
I haven’t seen the forecast but no one (including me) thought Plymouth would run last Friday. But they did. You never know...
Right. That would be fine if I lived in Pa., but its a 5 hr. drive for me, can't really take a chance on "maybe"....

7/29/18, 5:55 PM   #6
jonboat15

I've looked at the forecast this morning and it looks no different than it does every year. The weather people are calling for a chance of rain until October. The tracks participating on the eastern midget swing will do everything in their power to complete these shows. The midget swing is quite popular with the fans and the promoters know it.

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
7/29/18, 6:20 PM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
I've looked at the forecast this morning and it looks no different than it does every year. The weather people are calling for a chance of rain until October. The tracks participating on the eastern midget swing will do everything in their power to complete these shows. The midget swing is quite popular with the fans and the promoters know it.
I hope you're right, but its hard for me to justify a 5 hr. drive on "maybe"....
& weather predictions are NOT the same every year. Last year USAC midgets were perfect weather in Pennsyltucky....

7/29/18, 11:59 PM   #8
revjimk

Woohoo.... new report (Weather Underground) looks lots better for Sat. /Sunday!

Now I better shut up & try not to jinx it....

7/30/18, 3:39 AM   #9
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Right. That would be fine if I lived in Pa., but its a 5 hr. drive for me, can't really take a chance on "maybe"....
R eally? Plymouth was about a 5 hour trip for Jen and a 6 hour for us, she went and saw racing I didn"t and watched TV. A couple years ago Jen and I talked about how much racing we would have missed if we didn"t take a chance, we don"t miss much racing now

7/30/18, 2:01 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Best one for me this year was the day of the Kentucky Derby. I was 30 miles east of Cincy at a tractor show with only a 10% chance of rain, and it started raining at about noon. Got steadyer and harder as the day went on, I just got a dumb phone with text and calls only so I asked a friend to text me if Lawrenceburg or Florence cancelled. 1pm FLorence cancelles. I leave tractor show about 330 and text my friend, Burg cancell yet? NO.

I make the sixty mile drive over to Lawrencburg, Raining the whole way around the 275 loop. Even on the indiana part, Go down the two mile exit ramp into greendale and the roads were dry. Got to track, only a few sprinkles here and there. We raced, several teams and several fans didn't come but we raced

Couldnt believe it, everywhere else had had over a inch, some two or three inches of rain.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Midget Eastern Tour????