IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Names Ryan Kent Jr. as "Voice of the Tour"
1/20/17, 12:54 PM   #1
BOSS Names Ryan Kent Jr. as "Voice of the Tour"
sprinter14

BOSS names Ryan Kent Jr. as "Voice of the Tour"

The Rick's Trucks & Equipment BOSS sprint car tour is excited to announce the addition of a full time series announcer for 2017. For the first six seasons, tour owner Aaron Fry and his daughter, Elizabeth Fry have handled nearly every aspect of running the series. With the fast growth and the most full time race teams of any sprint series in the nation, it has become imperative that extra help was needed.

During the final three events of 2016, fans may have heard a new voice along with the regular race track announcers. The new voice was that of 17 year old Ryan Kent Jr. who is in his senior year at Greensburg Community High School in Greensburg, Indiana. Kent entered broadcasting at a very young age, already having three and a half years of experience in over 400 sporting events. Having grown up at the Indy 500 and being an Indiana native, it's only natural that wingless traditional sprint car racing would become a favorite for him.

Ryan is excited about the new opportunity to become the first ever "voice" of the BOSS tour, saying "The opportunity to be able to take my love for broadcasting and my love for racing and put them together, is something I've always wanted to do." He also added, "Thankfully I've had the opportunity the last few years on both TV and in the tower at Lawrenceburg Speedway, to learn from some of the best in the business."

This new position will relieve some pressure on tour owner Aaron Fry. He's hopeful for more opportunities to be available to sponsors, race teams and even race fans throughout the events. "It's all been a lot to handle for myself and my daughter. From the time the gates opened until the payoff at the end of the night, we were constantly handling the running of the night's events and making sure we were in the score tower to assist track personnel. With Ryan in the tower, we know we have a fantastic BOSS representative in there and we can begin to grow the series in other ways" said Fry.

Race teams will now see Aaron and Elizabeth a lot more through the running of the race events. The fans will now get a double dose of racing excitement with their home track announcer and Ryan Kent bringing the BOSS tour flavor to the microphone. Look for more fan interaction than ever before with BOSS, it's employees and racers.

Kent also expressed his gratitude to Lawrenceburg Speedway promoters, Dave and Kim Rudisell, who gave him his first opportunity in auto racing saying, "for that, I am forever grateful!" With the 2017 opener now just 13 weeks away, he added "I cannot wait to get to Atomic!".

Watch for more exciting BOSS news in the coming weeks as we announce another new staff position, new tour sponsors and soon we will begin announcing the stars who will be on tour full time in 2017!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Names Ryan Kent Jr. as "Voice of the Tour"