IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Places to stay in Memphis
3/3/20, 9:40 PM   #1
Places to stay in Memphis
Jonr

Seriously considering going to the Ditch to watch the midgets in April. I have read that the track is not in the best part of town. Does anyone have a recommendation of which part of town to stay in? I usually try to stay in the better known national chains (around $100 a night)

Thanks

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/4/20, 11:52 AM   #2
Re: Places to stay in Memphis
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Seriously considering going to the Ditch to watch the midgets in April. I have read that the track is not in the best part of town. Does anyone have a recommendation of which part of town to stay in? I usually try to stay in the better known national chains (around $100 a night)

Thanks
I went to I-30 & The Ditch in 2012, stayed here, wasn't too far from the track, had a couple nice visits with Rick Pollock, Windom was driving for him then.

Comfort Inn
2700 I-55 Service Rd, Marion, AR, 72364, US
Phone (870) 739-2323 Fax (870) 739-2324

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
3/4/20, 12:38 PM   #3
Rpracing1

Stop in and see JJ DaBoss at Memphis International Speedway.

3/4/20, 4:03 PM   #4
chop

The two times I have been to Memphis I stayed on the other side of the Mississippi in Arkansas. If you have some down time check out Beale St for a beer and some food. It is a bit of a shake money out of you deal, but everyone should see Graceland one time. lol Stop by Sun studio and get a tee shirt. Always find it funny that walker radiator shop is next door to it.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/5/20, 9:56 PM   #5
revjimk

Peabody Hotel, not far from Beale St..... might be expensive, not sure, but its famous for its ducks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofs31f6Co
I loved Sun Studios, same sound proofing in the ceiling from when Elvis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Howlin Wolf.etc recorded there... it soaked up the vibes, which are intense! Also Gibson guitar factory, Stax/Volt Museum (soul music), Rock & blues Museum (not sure about name) National Civil Rights Museum in the Lorraine motel where Dr. King was shot... interesting town... eat some ribs!!!!

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Places to stay in Memphis