IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Calling all non wing sprints
5/23/11, 6:06 PM   #1
Calling all non wing sprints
claycountyspeedway

Starting this sat night may 28 at clay county speedway flora il. Alum. Blocks will be allowed in the non wing sprint class! This sat at the drivers meeting a possible weight rule and rr tire rule will be discussed for the remainder of the season. Please help suppport this class. Also in the works is having a weekly winged class please contact michael burmeister for any questions or interest in the winged class
618-204-7636
also check us out on facebook

5/23/11, 7:42 PM   #2
Re: Calling all non wing sprints
SamSr32

If you are adding aluminum motors, what is the purse payoff? This is the first question anyone interested will have.

5/23/11, 9:39 PM   #3
claycountyspeedway

$1000 to win 150 to start with 20 plus cars. 600 to win 150 to start 19 cars or less
Posted via Mobile Device

5/23/11, 10:42 PM   #4
staggerman

If you are interested in some winged events I would recommend contacting the MOWA guys http://midwestopenwheel.com
They really seem to building a good series for the IL winged guys and bringing a special event feel when they come to town. JMO

5/24/11, 12:12 AM   #5
treecitytornado

Another promoter that promised he would stick with steel blocks and didn't. It has been a tough year weatherwise, fuel prices, and the economy in general. He will lose whatever he thinks he will gain by doing this. It is a real damn shame!
Posted via Mobile Device

5/24/11, 12:33 AM   #6
claycountyspeedway

Mr JT. I was asked to allow alum blocks by the drivers who showed up. As a promoter I have to do what I think is right for the race track. You for one were not at any of our test and tunes or either of our race nights to support this class. I really thought the steel blocks would work out but talking to the drivers they all seem to think this is the right move. I also know you dont have a car and or a ride for this season I hope you the best of luck this season and maybe by the looks of your negitive posts on here it will help you get a ride and you can come race with us. Thanks again
Posted via Mobile Device

5/24/11, 7:32 AM   #7
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by claycountyspeedway View Post
mr jt. I was asked to allow alum blocks by the drivers who showed up. As a promoter i have to do what i think is right for the race track. You for one were not at any of our test and tunes or either of our race nights to support this class. I really thought the steel blocks would work out but talking to the drivers they all seem to think this is the right move. I also know you dont have a car and or a ride for this season i hope you the best of luck this season and maybe by the looks of your negitive posts on here it will help you get a ride and you can come race with us. Thanks again
posted via mobile device

2 members like this post: jim goerge, spicoli
5/24/11, 11:47 AM   #8
RACER99W

The guy who won saturday with a steel block wet sump motor asked to bring on the aluminum motors, we beat the best of them at Danville IL. with it. What fun is it to race with only 6 cars even if you do win, i would rather run 3, 5 ,6 with 20 cars.

5/24/11, 12:06 PM   #9
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Any results

5/24/11, 12:58 PM   #10
RACER99W

Sprints

1. 99 – Korey Weyent
2. 59 – Craig Budde
3. 41 – Daniel Robinson
4. 95 – Tommy Rockwell
5. 70 – Peter Palazzolo
6. 11 – Mark Brucker

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Calling all non wing sprints