IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jackslash Heads South for the Hank Arnold Memorial
8/12/09, 10:59 PM   #1
Jackslash Heads South for the Hank Arnold Memorial
Kevin Montgomery

Jackslash Heads South for the Hank Arnold Memorial

Tucson, Arizona (August 12th, 2009) – Sean Buckley and the Jackslash crew will head south to Tucson’s USA Raceway marking his first visit to Arizona’s premiere short track. Buckley will be calling the ASCS Discount Tire Labor Day double header that will honor Tucson’s Hank Arnold.

Arnold, a legendary racer as well as a master craftsman, was instrumental in bringing the future of open wheel racing full circle. He won more than 160 main events, held 17 track records and built cars with names like the "Twister" and "Little Stinker."

Jackslash will be on hand to rock the house offering his legendary hard core media style and his astounding love for open wheel racing.

"I'm really excited about coming to Tucson." "I've always heard great things about the place and amazingly enough, I've never seen a race there." Commented Buckley

"The ASCS guys are good racers and I look forward to seeing them!" "Labor Day Weekend cannot come soon enough!"

www.jackslash.com

The Hank Arnold Memorial will include round four and five of the Discount Tire Wing vs. Non Wing Challenge. The eight race series will offer a $1200 bonus to the eventual winner. Six drivers have competed in the first three rounds, making them eligible for the Discount Tire Bonus money.

Rick Ziehl leads the challenge with, Discount Tire Canyon Region point’s leader, “Chargin” Charles Davis Jr. running a close second. Ziehl sits just six points out of the top spot for the ASCS Southwest Region.

Discount Tire Wing vs. Non Wing Challenge Points

Rick Zeihl 296
Charles Davis 280
Ronnie Clark 262
Mike Martin 250
Joshua Hodges 201
Jody Williams 150

USA Raceway, Arizona’s premier short track, is located east of Tucson off I-10 exit 268, then 1.6 miles south on Craycroft Road, which turns into Los Reales. For more information please, contact the track at 520-574-8515 or additional information regarding USA Raceway can be found at www.usaraceway.net

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jackslash Heads South for the Hank Arnold Memorial