IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego track record and Hoosier tires get punked
7/8/12, 12:42 AM   #1
Oswego track record and Hoosier tires get punked
donwilshe

The track record was taken away from the super modifieds that had used
Hoosiers tires by

Must see sprint car Jason cox 15.12 with art tires

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: SC90
7/8/12, 1:59 AM   #2
reeserx

I dont get how hoosier tire got punked?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
7/8/12, 7:41 AM   #3
Re: Oswego track record and Hoosier tires get punk
IndyBound

I don't either unless they mean that both divisions ran there qualifications then if I remember correctly SBS heats were ran then the top three ISMA cars were given the chance to come back out and try to break the record on a softer Hoosier tire compound. Rob Summers in the Vic Miller ISMA super was in the 15.2 range, Lichty's times were slower than he qualified at and the third car never came out.

The Must See Xtreme feature was run green to checker, so I got what I wanted to see them come and race at Oswego and go home without a bunch of wrecked cars. Jimmy McCunne won the feature, Jacob Wilson finished fifth, I had the feature finish as 88,55, 51, 26, 07, 50,7,5 40,41,81 22,6,4. You will have to forgive me I don't see them run enought to know all the names. Jason Cox set fast time at 15.125 and Troy DeCaire in a Davey Hamilton car also broke the track record at 15.197.

It was great to get a chance to visit with the Wilson family again. Jacob has always impressed me ever since the first time I saw him drive a Sliver Crown Car, he does alot to promote the sport of auto racing he and his family love. Last night even though they were 12 hours away from home he took the time to stay by his race car after the race, greet the fans of Oswego Speedway, answer their questions and pass out his signed racing cards. In my book that shows what a class act you are Jacob!!! Until our paths cross again best of luck with your racing Jacob.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 7/8/12 at 7:08 PM.

4 members like this post: apexonephoto, Danny Burton, Mud Packer, speed bump
7/8/12, 3:03 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Thanks for the updates Patti. I also don't get the author of the threads comment about "Hoosier tires get punked". A number of differences in the MSXSS & IMSA racing machines one of which weight. I believe that the IMSA have to weigh in at 1800 lbs while the Must See sprints have to be 1300 lbs.

Glad to see some competition in the tire world between American Racer and Hoosier. Can anyone tell me if it is an open tire rule in IMSA? Speed isn't the only thing that drives racing. Take away the stop watch and quality competition is what really drives racing.

Hope you enjoyed the show Patti. Did they have a good crowd at the Steel Palace?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
7/8/12, 3:55 PM   #5
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Thanks for the updates Patti. I also don't get the author of the threads comment about "Hoosier tires get punked". A number of differences in the MSXSS & IMSA racing machines one of which weight. I believe that the IMSA have to weigh in at 1800 lbs while the Must See sprints have to be 1300 lbs.
Must See cars are 1600 lbs, ISMA is 1850. Both have a one tire rule.

Although I would have worded it differently, it was great to see the teams talking and working together to run fast and safe. Zero caution flags all night.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: 50mcrewguy, BrentTFunk, Mud Packer
7/8/12, 4:24 PM   #6
stoney

If must-see ran hoosiers; Would have been in the 14`s !

2 members like this post: randy j, swainfamilyracing
7/8/12, 7:27 PM   #7
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post

Glad to see some competition in the tire world between American Racer and Hoosier. Can anyone tell me if it is an open tire rule in IMSA? Speed isn't the only thing that drives racing. Take away the stop watch and quality competition is what really drives racing.

Hope you enjoyed the show Patti. Did they have a good crowd at the Steel Palace?
They had a great crowd Mike, probably right on the edge of having both the front and the back granstands open. King of Wings is one of the races held at Oswego each year that draws people from all other the Northeast, Midwest and Canada. The racing was great, seeing long time friends I no longer see on a weekly basis was great. You will like this grandpa, both Donavan and Trevor were able to say awake for the full nights racing. Donovan even got to go in the pits afterwards, he tried to help load every hauler he could and today all he could talk about was getting to stay up four hours past his bed time and the race csrs.

Wouldn't it be something if someday our grandchildren were racing against each other. I know at nearly four and a half years old every chance Donovan gets to go racing he is taking it all in.

As for the speed record, I don't get to excited over who holds it, I just love seeing all forms of open wheel racing and even more so when I know someone competing. As you pointed out there is a weight differnce, ISMA was on Hoosiers, Must See Xtreme on American racers. Jason Cox at 15.125 meant he was going 148.76, there was alot of talk about them breaking the 150 mile per hour bracket at Oswego before this race, they are close. When they return for Labor Day Weekend I'm guessing that will happend.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 7/9/12 at 8:54 AM.

7/8/12, 11:50 PM   #8
donwilshe

I believe that Hoosier tires has only one asphalt track record left that MSRXSS races on.
That would be auto city with Dick Myers.
The track records all belong to MSR Drivers using ART tires.

Bristol
Salem
Winchester
Anderson
Kalamazoo
M-40
Berlin
Oswego
Rockford
Slinger
Wisconsin Dells
Shangra La
Dixie

All the track records which had been around for years have recently fallen to American Racing Tires.
Last edited by donwilshe; 7/8/12 at 11:51 PM.

7/9/12, 12:18 AM   #9
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by donwilshe View Post
I believe that Hoosier tires has only one asphalt track record left that MSRXSS races on.
That would be auto city with Dick Myers.
The track records all belong to MSR Drivers using ART tires.

Bristol
Salem
Winchester
Anderson
Kalamazoo
M-40
Berlin
Oswego
Rockford
Slinger
Wisconsin Dells
Shangra La
Dixie

All the track records which had been around for years have recently fallen to American Racing Tires.
Ummmm Ok so how many passes in the feature? Show me how they lined up and how they finished. NTR's are OK but side by side racing is what makes it exciting.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6 members like this post: Bostonian, IndyBound, randy j, reeserx, TNRustler
7/9/12, 1:23 AM   #10
sprintfan74

It's a little off when you are comparing 2 different classes of cars. Also when you are comparing winged and non-winged sprints. It's like saying my general tires on my corvette smoked the Goodyears on that cavalier. Don't get me wrong, I am glad the MSR is giving the pavement cars a place to race. Not sure if they should be traveling all over the country as they don't have the following to have good car counts that far away. If they ran Indiana, Michigan and Ohio they might have 25 drivers competing at every event. More than plenty of tracks to run at in these 3 states and cut down on expenses. Thought that was one of the big perks of the ART was to help it be affordable to run. Going to NY and FL isn't helping the small teams compete and limits the championship battle to about 10 cars. I guess when the biggest supporter of the series has several cars competing, it's a plus for them. I do think the MSR series brings hope to pavement sprints, but not sure how the "punked" comments can be a positive marketing approach.
One other comment....both Hoosier and ART is available to the sprinters at Anderson for the little 500. How has that worked out for ART the last couple years?

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego track record and Hoosier tires get punked