IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCT at Montpelier Speedway June 4th
5/25/10, 1:54 PM   #1
ASCT at Montpelier Speedway June 4th
raceofficial47348

I know it has been a while since any kind of sprints cars ran at Montpelier Speedway I think it would be good to see a good car count. Not only for the series but also for all sprint cars to show the track it would be a good place to run on Saturdays nights. Montpelier is in a good location to see a good car count on that night.

5/25/10, 6:55 PM   #2
Re: ASCT at Montpelier Speedway June 4th
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceofficial47348 View Post
I know it has been a while since any kind of sprints cars ran at Montpelier Speedway I think it would be good to see a good car count. Not only for the series but also for all sprint cars to show the track it would be a good place to run on Saturdays nights. Montpelier is in a good location to see a good car count on that night.
That might be tough with Gas City I-69 Speedway racing on Fridays and is close to Montpelier; but good luck to the ASCT and i'll be at the race that saturday at the Shadyhill Speedway

5/25/10, 7:12 PM   #3
Dwayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
That might be tough with Gas City I-69 Speedway racing on Fridays and is close to Montpelier; but good luck to the ASCT and i'll be at the race that saturday at the Shadyhill Speedway

Gas City is not running that night.

5/25/10, 7:26 PM   #4
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Gas City is not running that night.
I didn't know that. I think it might be possible for Montpelier to get about 22- 25 cars

5/25/10, 10:36 PM   #5
raceofficial47348

Gas City is running the Hot Shoes Nationals on that saturday.

5/29/10, 6:09 PM   #6
Smitty

We plan on being there on June 4th.
See you there.

5/29/10, 11:48 PM   #7
hoosier race fan

Any Gas City regulars coming to Montpelier this Friday? I know several of them ran the opening ASCT race at North Vernon. Hopefully they will get quite a few midgets also.

5/30/10, 10:23 AM   #8
lovindirt

I predict 25 to 30 cars easy, especially since ASCT tires are cheaper then the DT3's and they are pretty good. And Gas City has a diff. program that night. We'll just have to see.

5/31/10, 11:41 PM   #9
Duane Hancock

I would think with $1500 to win, and $225 to start, that should draw some Gas City cars. Plus, $1000 for midgets and $600 for mods, sounds like it should be a great show!!! It looks like I will be back to Montpelier for the first time since their last sprint car show...Hopefully they pack the stands and there is a decent car count, maybe this will show the people in charge that adding a few sprint cars shows will bring some new people and new $$$ thru the front gate.. Maybe we will see some guys go for the sweep and take home $2500....

6/1/10, 11:24 AM   #10
BrianBSU23

This is a vastly improved track with a great surface so far this season. The last trip of midget to the speedway saw Shane Cottle pick up two midgets wins in the same night including an inversion where he started in the back of the field for the second feature.

This season saw the USAC Ford Focus midgets racing 3 wide off of the final turn for the win at Montpelier.

Any drivers or teams thinking about racing at this show?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCT at Montpelier Speedway June 4th