IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Western World format
10/13/14, 7:18 PM   #1
Western World format
Kansasdirtfan

I'm looking forward to heading west for the Western World next month and wondered if anyone on here can tell me what the format has been in the past and offer a best guess as to whether it will be the same this year. Do they run both midgets and sprints Thursday and Friday? And have there been support classes in the past? Thanks for any input.

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, GSR96, ISF, rachasin
10/13/14, 9:42 PM   #2
Re: Western World format
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

It will be good to see u again Robert,
From what i can recall there wasn't any support class,
If u go to speednet direct they have last yrs results
hope that helps. It will be a great show again!
See u in a month!

10/13/14, 10:26 PM   #3
Kansasdirtfan

Thanks Bob.

10/14/14, 1:04 AM   #4
KMS2683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
I'm looking forward to heading west for the Western World next month and wondered if anyone on here can tell me what the format has been in the past and offer a best guess as to whether it will be the same this year. Do they run both midgets and sprints Thursday and Friday? And have there been support classes in the past? Thanks for any input.
Last year the midgets ran a full show all three nights. The sprints are split between Thursday and Friday with each night running heats and mains. Saturday the sprints just run mains based on their thursday or friday results. No support classes. Last year there were around 28 midgets and 54 or so sprint cars. The midgets and sprints had semi mains each night. Thursday night even had a C main for the sprints due to more entries showing up on race day.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Kansasdirtfan, rachasin
10/14/14, 9:47 PM   #5
ISF

Have a great time Bob.

I envy you 'cause this show sounds like it could be a great one with the sprints and midgets only.

As we've discussed several times, it's too bad you can't hang around out West 'till Thanksgiving and drive to Perris for Turkey Night.

10/14/14, 10:32 PM   #6
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

I talked with Jeanne today at Canyon buying tickets and ask about support class and she said no support class for Western
Last edited by rachasin; 10/14/14 at 10:38 PM.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Kansasdirtfan
10/14/14, 11:28 PM   #7
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Have a great time Bob.

I envy you 'cause this show sounds like it could be a great one with the sprints and midgets only.

As we've discussed several times, it's too bad you can't hang around out West 'till Thanksgiving and drive to Perris for Turkey Night.
You're right, Kenny. And for the trifecta, I could go a couple of weeks earlier for the Oval Nationals. Of course, if I did that, then I'd have to make the Hall of Fame show at Canyon the weekend between the Ovals and the Western World. So, would that be a fourfecta? Just kidding. Unfortunately, I have more time than I have discretionary funds for an extended trip like that. Maybe next year?

1 member likes this post: rachasin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Western World format