IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racers Helping Racers
7/13/15, 8:24 PM   #1
Racers Helping Racers
Tim Clauson

Yesterday on the way to Belle Claire we encountered truck issues about 30 miles from the track in Collinsville. After trying to figure out the issues I decided to call Kenny Brown and see if he could recommend a mechanic to call. He said I will have one on the way …. 20 minutes later Austin Brown showed up and spent the next 2 hours working on my truck helping with diagnosing the issue. As time started to run short Austin offered us a truck to get us to the track and gave me the number of their mechanic to call to get my truck fixed. Once we arrived at the track Kenny came by to check on us and to offer up a vehicle to use in case it would take more then a day to fix mine. While we were hooking up the truck Kenny and Austin both told me if my truck was going to take more then a day to fix to just take theirs home and when mine was fixed we would trade back. Thanks to Kenny and Austin we are back in Indiana and my truck is in the capable hands of highly recommended mechanic in Belleville. When I am asked why I enjoy racing the POWRI series it is the atmosphere of friends and family and racers helping racers that I have always felt when we pull into their pit area that keeps me coming back. I really want to thank Kenny and all the POWRI officials who checked on us and made sure we had a way home but I especially want to thank Austin who busted his tail for 2+hours in 100 degree weather over a greasy ol’ diesel trying to get a fellow racer and friend on down the road when he really should have been at his shop working on his race car for the nights events. I can not tell you how much your generosity is appreciated,

Tim Clauson

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racers Helping Racers