IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any news on the Bopper
12/22/11, 8:33 PM   #1
Any news on the Bopper
racephoto1

Any news on the Bopper ? I'd like to visit the hospital. I work across the street. Just wondering.

12/23/11, 11:27 AM   #2
Re: Any news on the Bopper
cowboyhar69

Chris...Susannah posted on facebook yesterday that he is doing much better...she mentioned that he would be going to a rehab center for orthapedic rehab but didn't say when...sounds like he is doing much, much better.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

6/26/12, 4:36 PM   #3
sprntr

Any updates on how the Bopper's doing?

steiny

6/27/12, 11:10 AM   #4
SprintLuvr

The Bopper is doing great!! Thanks for asking about him. He is getting better everyday! He is walking very well, around the house he walks with out using any assistance but when he is going out and is unsure of steps or uneven ground he uses a cane, sometimes two, which just helps him go faster. He's always about going faster!! He is done with official "physical therapy" but he still works out every day, alternating between working out on gym equipment and working out in a swimming pool. The pool really helping him to loosen up. We go see the doctor Monday to see about doing Rotator Cuff surgery soon, to repair his right arm, from where it was torn badly during the train accident. He's looking forward to getting that repaired and then he will be pretty good to go!

He loves visitors and getting calls from racing friends so if anyone is interested you can call him at 317-852-7473 home or 317-331-9323 cell.

We have intentions of getting him out to the races but it has been so darn hot and miserable. We are waiting but he will be at a race soon! Please feel free to call me at Hoosier 317-858-1234 if you have any trouble getting a hold of him!

Again, my whole family would like to thank everyone who visited, called, prayed or even just thought of my dad during this whole crazy ordeal. We truly believe that it was the thoughts and prayers that carried him through this and kept him as strong as he was. We cannot begin to convey our gratitude!!

Susannah Stapp

6/27/12, 2:30 PM   #5
High Banks

Steve was at Salem today for the Sonny Ates memorial. He looks great and was getting around really well for all that he has been through.

4 members like this post: dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, SprintLuvr, TQ29m
6/27/12, 4:49 PM   #6
sprntr

That's great to hear. Hope his RC surgury goes well.

steiny

6/27/12, 6:07 PM   #7
SprintLuvr

Yes, he and Mom went down. Said it was a nice memorial. I am happy they were able to attend!

6/28/12, 12:39 AM   #8
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

So glad to hear all the good news. I hope to see him at a track soon. I'm just a fan, not one of his old racing buddies, but he always had time to talk, something I enjoyed greatly. Here's hoping for continued improvement.

6/28/12, 9:12 AM   #9
Midget 89

This is great news. That was a nasty accident.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any news on the Bopper