IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Winter dirt games rained out friday, usac sprints retu
2/17/23, 8:10 PM   #1
Usac: Winter dirt games rained out friday, usac sprints retu
admin

2/17/23 8:05 PM WINTER DIRT GAMES RAINED OUT FRIDAY, USAC SPRINTS RETURN SATURDAY IN OCALA

https://www.usacracing.com/news/spri...urday-in-ocala

WINTER DIRT GAMES RAINED OUT FRIDAY, USAC SPRINTS RETURN SATURDAY IN OCALA

By: Richie Murray – USAC Media

Ocala, Florida (February 17, 2023)………Friday night’s USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship Winter Dirt Games XIV event at Ocala, Florida’s Bubba Raceway Park has been rained out.

Action will resume on Saturday night, February 18, for the final night of the series’ weeklong tour of Florida at the 3/8-mile Bubba Raceway Park dirt oval as drivers and teams compete for the $10,000 top prize.

The standard USAC format will be utilized with eight lap heat races, followed by a last chance event and culminating with a slightly longer 35-lap main event.

Mother Nature plagued Bubba Raceway Park on Friday night with rain showers hitting the speedway between 4:30 until a little after 6:30 when the event was officially canceled.

Twenty-seven USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship cars and drivers were in attendance on Friday night.

Friday night’s rain checks can be used on Saturday night.

For the Saturday, February 18 program, the pits open at 3pm Eastern, front gates open at 5pm and cars on track at 6pm with racing immediately following.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
2/17/23, 11:45 PM   #2
duel

Stick with it!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/18/23, 1:27 PM   #3
Re: Usac: Winter dirt games rained out friday, usac sprints
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Id walk right past free Outlaw tickets to go to a USAC sprint show. Last week at Volusia Outlaws ran a makeup and scheduled show on the same day and I believe their doing another makeup double March 5th or 6th

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
2/18/23, 4:56 PM   #4
BrentTFunk

As much as trouble as that little tractor with the tiller was having after the first rain. I doubt if it could have gotten around the track after the second rain.

2/18/23, 6:11 PM   #5
flagboy55

I saw some folks saying they should have ran a double program today. I can understand that but I can also see the negatives to it as well. The forecast calls for sun all day down there and by now we all know what daytime racing does to the track. It might have turned into a burned up track in the day that would probably adversely affect the night race as well. Then folks would be complaining about that too. It’s just a no win in my opinion. I would be ok either way but I don’t think the decision made was wrong. The good thing is the forecast is good for this evening. Enjoy the show!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jonboat15
2/18/23, 7:03 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Meat loaf sang Four out of five ain't bad

4 members like this post: bart, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Winter dirt games rained out friday, usac sprints retu